What did you build this week?

Maritime said:
we love this dish, we actually grew a pile of chilis to make this last summer, hope to grow more this year to have it again. Can't always get the right Chilis up here to make it.

New Mexico is the place to get the really good ones. We even have a special state question, "Red or Green?".

Yep, I have friends in Texas that go every year and get a ton of them in both green and red. they send some up to us once and a while. They are amazed the gringos can eat the chilis LOL

Sonreir™ said:
I made a seven course meal for the Mrs and some friends for Valentine's Day. I made everything from scratch except the puff pastry.

1.) Wild mushrooms with caramelized onions and goat cheese on a puff pastry tart
2.) Crab bisque with garlic croutons
3.) Dover Sole a la Bordalaise with fresh dill pasta salad (this one doesn't look good, but the flavors were spot on)
4.) Blood Orange sorbet drizzled with Lemoncello
5.) Roast beef tenderloin with Gorgonzola whipped potatoes and Ratatouille
6.) Salade Nicoise
7.) White and dark chocolate mousse

Boy oh boy, did you ever raise the bar, good for you!

Setting up the new shop. First run all will change as soon as all of the household is moved out. Likely get a second lift and move bikes to the back and finally get a car lift also so I can flip some beaters.

00d0314f4f716d2b7dd22d67f0f6fa86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Awesome on the length of that shop space. I wish my garage was longer than it is wide. My Roadrunner has to be pushed all the way to the back wall in order to be able to walk around it with the door down. It makes one whole side of the garage hard to get to.

Irk, if you plan to stay in ATL for the duration, maybe look into selling the NJ property and build a building 50X100 with 4 shops 25X50, rent three and keep one. With being a tenant owner you can keep an eye on things and live rent free... maybe even bank a few bucks.

That's my long term plan, just need a lot to get started.

Tune-A-Fish© said:
Irk, if you plan to stay in ATL for the duration, maybe look into selling the NJ property and build a building 50X100 with 4 shops 25X50, rent three and keep one. With being a tenant owner you can keep an eye on things and live rent free... maybe even bank a few bucks.

That's my long term plan, just need a lot to get started.

That's good advice. We're in the process of weighing our options now: look at re-structuring to extend profit or market value for sale. The wife wants to sell. I'm still holding out on the potential investment, as it could become a $300k or so at retirement.

Yep! Keep an eye on comps, prices have skyrocketed... I bought the house in Memphis 3 years ago and neted a 125,000 gain at sell, seems we are in a sellers market again, but who knows what's ahead.

Replacing about 100ft of clay sewer pipe that comes from the master bedroom in the back of the house. Fortunately the main line in the house is separate from this one so we still have use of the facilities.

This root probably wedged its way into the joint when it was tiny and grew from there.

IMG_20170214_095717441_zpsbzaipob8.jpg

IMG_20170211_121614196_zpsnnqu5qdr.jpg

I just got the CO2 refill station stand back from Powder coat today. I'll see if I can grab some pictures later.

It uses a 5 pound CO2 beverage ccylinder to fill the 4 oz bottles for the quick shifter.

I was digging around and found a picture of the kiln room I built for Tyler School of Art in Philly. I built most everything in the pic except the gray cabinets along the wall. I gave up this work to teach Ceramics, and I miss it a lot...

16809142_10212121321817597_712935874_n.png

I restored a Supertrapp that I bought cheap at the Barber swap, which I'm putting on my DR350...

fd9c5dfcd78b600a1736e10a7c6fa3dd.jpg

a17416b6323335024a23b17a2f1513f6.jpg

87d051cf4985bdca3422979b2f1756b8.jpg

c22ce12714cec9635c7b7489c8e7aaf8.jpg

2ec0493faf5db3bb38c3dce5ee128eee.jpg

I just made this -

It's toast, with some 5yr old extra mature Quebec cheddar. So good my face just went numb.

Back
Top Bottom