What I did on my vacation - a Dime City story

TripleKing

Been Around the Block
I just got back to my home in PA from a Florida vacation. Last Wednesday, I picked up my rented Indian Scout (I wanted to see how the "other" half lives - I will post a Scout review later) and rode from Eagle Rider in Orlando (excellent experience) and headed over to Largo to pay Dime City Cycles a visit. As my wife and adult daughter visited the Universal Studios park, I decided to have my own thrill ride.

After about two hours on I4, 75 and 275 I arrived at DCC. I was greeted by Kara who immediately noticed my slightly dehydrated condition and offered me an ice cold cup of water. She told me to take a look around the DCC showroom. I was not disappointed. If you are into vintage motorcycles/motorcycle clothing and accessories, this is the place for you. After picking out two shirts, one for me and one for my CB450-riding son (who was home in PA), Kara and I got to talking about projects. After showing her and DCC employee Brian photos if my bikes, Kara asked if I would like to see the DCC shop. Did I ever.

I was not disappointed. There were Triumphs (modern and vintage) a modified Yamaha XS650 and vintage Honda CBs of nearly every displacement. There were completed bikes as well as bikes in various stages of completion. I did not want to leave, but I had a 2-hour ride back to where I was staying, through the Central Florida heat and humidity.

During my visit I was treated better than a valued customer. I was treated like a friend. That is the highest compliment I can give. I will be in Florida next July as well. I am already looking forward to paying DCC another visit. Maybe I will ride one of my own bikes over.

Cheers,

Tom

You aint so special :p
Herm, Kara, and the Gang at DCC treat everyone like that ;)

I've never been to the store, but I've worked with and hung out with the DCC crew at Barbers Vintage Fest for the last several years.
From a business side, they're always polite, helpful, and enthusiastic about the product line. From a personal side, they're always warm and friendly.
And I agree, definitely good people :)

LOL! I know. It is because the treat everyone as friends is what makes them special. I deal with customers/clients everday. What I do for them any one can do, but few do. The same is true about DCC. :)

Redbird up there, on the other hand, is an asshole! :)

sounds like a good day man. DCC has ties to DTT all the way back to day one, and they've been a huge support base for all of us yahoos over the year, as well as us taking advantage of them being the first real one stop shop for custom bike parts on a large scale. Great ppl to meet in person too and we always look forward to seeing the crew at Barber every year. They have a huge part in the organizing of Ace corner there too.

Back
Top Bottom