KZ650 Piston Trigger #2

That tank looks killer! Sorry about the fall homie. Dust her off, finish her up, and take a baseball bat to some mail boxes with her. Then you'll feel better.

And she is back on her own two feet like nothing happened. I hope there will be no more accidents.
Photo%20May%2006%2C%2010%2025%2040%20PM.jpg

valvesprung said:
What did you use to rebuild to an 18" front? Stock rear rim? Custom spokes or from another bike?

I used stock front hub and stock rear rim. Just had to measure the spoke length and order them to size.

I tend to drop the bikes on myself and almost get a hernia trying to lift them off me. Bikes looking great man, lovin that tank.

Re: KZ650 #2

Attatoy said:
What color is the frame painted/ powdered?

Rustoleum Metallic Bronze actually made for outdoor metal furniture. It laid out very nice and has tons of metallic flake in it. I prepped my frame more than I should but I wanted good adhesion and protection

-soda blasted frame
-sanded smooth bare metal with 60,120,200,400
-4 coats of etching primer
-quick sand of the etching
-lots of cleaning
-5 coats of color
-3 coats of DupliColor Wheel Clear Coat

Truly awesome build!

Would you mind posting the rim specs front/back? Considering a 18" front myself.
> I must be blind, just saw someone else asking the same question;)

Wow, such a clean build! Looks great. What kind kawasaki tank is that? And you say you made that rear fender? Do you mean from scratch? Also, where did you get you motor blasted at? I'm in the philly area as well and want to get mine blasted soon.

jonkristian said:
Would you mind posting the rim specs front/back? Considering a 18" front myself.

Both front and back are 18" rims laced to the stock hubs. The rear wheel is stock. When doing the conversion i roughly measured out the distance by mocking up a hub to the wheel and using old spoke to guesstimate the length. I think it was 170mm Front spokes (40 count) and 145mm Rear Spokes (40 count). It laced up just fine.

7aliveatlast7 said:
Wow, such a clean build! Looks great. What kind kawasaki tank is that? And you say you made that rear fender? Do you mean from scratch? Also, where did you get you motor blasted at? I'm in the philly area as well and want to get mine blasted soon.

It's an old enduro tank i found online i actually have no clue what bike it was from. the fender is a stock one that has been chopped and relocated. The best shop in Philly area for your blasting and powdercoating needs or any other motorcycle related fabrication is located in Collingdale, PA right outside the city is called Rullo Custom Cycles. Steve the owner is an awesome guy.

It's been a long time coming and this KZ is pretty much finished. I've been blasting on it around town for the last few weeks and it's a hell of fun bike to ride in the city. I have to say that this project didn't come easy. It seems I've spent majority of time fixing my own damn mistakes. It would take so many tries just to get the smallest thing accomplished. However the feeling of completing this project is amazing and all the headache was worth it. Here are a few pics taken by my friend Zack Gross.
Alex_KZ_019.jpg

Alex_KZ_018.jpg

Alex_KZ_016.jpg

Alex_KZ_014.jpg

jonkristian said:
This is one kick-ass bike!
One thing though, how is the handling on it with that 18" front?

It's a little on the heavier side but once you get to speed it's not bad.

Back
Top Bottom