First ever cafe build progress report

Can you give any more details about how you mounted your rear sets? This is the exact location that I was hoping to mount mine.

How did you connect the brake lever to the spline?

On the shifter lever, how thick of a spacer did you use (the spacer that welded to the frame)? Is this spacer threaded?

The bosses I had welded on because I can't do that level of welding. On the brake lever side, I simply used the knuckle from the original brake lever with a spacer plate on the end to accept the screws from the adjustment arm. The welded on boss is bored out for the brake lever spline. The shifter side is drilled and tapped to accept a cut down bmx axle. BYW, those foot pegs are old school BMX pegs! The levers on both sides are about 2" away from the frame. I first measured the clearance I needed for the brake lever so I would not contact the clutch cover. I made the shifter lever the same for symmetry.

Attachments

• 11840353_10153222679907912_967477492_o.jpg
    11840353_10153222679907912_967477492_o.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 11823791_10153222679862912_258174071_n.jpg
    11823791_10153222679862912_258174071_n.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 350
biker_reject said:
That's my wife. She almost dropped it right after I snapped the pic! :)

you built a bike that must be very close to spontaneous instability ,anybody familiar enough with how a motorcycle remains stable but will go through a chicane with such little effort can see that.they are in most cases already close enough to spontaneous instability to give the designers no reason to tease a venomous snake there is no reason to tread ground that holds danger the further we go there is no positives gained going so far
how can i say its ,its almost like walking across a frozen lake with an island in the middle shod in red hot shoes surely sinking and drowning will be swift but it isnt so surely they will stop on the island they can see the melting and steam but on they go, safely reaching the other side does this mean it is a safe act to walk shod in red hot shoes across a frozen lake oh yes of course it proves all !!!
the next day a man twice the weight all other possible contributing factors to the journey remain identical ,the twice heavy man sinks and drowns just as he is nearly on the island
the extreme danger is never totally gone ,see,it lays latent instead,how close a traveler journeys is what becomes the factor ,
how do i know any of this most of what i have learned is ready technical articles that are held up as contain pure fact
other is personal excperience
1983 my race bike enduro mx and anything dirt really
a can-an 250 mx6 which i was racing at the expert/pro level needed the sterering neck of the frame repaired
most machines at that time dirt were 27degrees that is the number i used and how i got there from the same reference point a mfg uses is of no concern here i had heard about head shake on the some bikes wilst in a braking section with bumps this was more prevelent in the2nd generation single shock era
i used a level surface suspension travel gently topped out for the 0 point at 27 i could see the head angle was steeper than stock i realized the snake can sting me i knew i could bring it back a degree if needed ...1 degree !b 1 degree makes a significant change in trail with the same triple offset
and voila it had handling quirks that i learned to deal with only because it turned so goddam good head shake oh yes it would but only very rarely like going expert fast on a steep rocky down so steep it would make a novice puke
or entering a sand wash in 4th or faster and foolishly ever chopping the throttle or even foolish enough not to go wot on the pipe the remainder of the wash
head shake imagine the hand grips shaking and grown to the size of mayonaise jars,and the bike literally rattling back and forth into the kneecups in yer leathers bad headshake is like that just before you are spit off
the bike 27 degree bike was very sensitive to rear preload or height i had to get the sag just so to keep the head shake demon in the bag for long periods it handled beautifully but at 26 it probably would have been unridable without less offset in the clamps
i won a national enduro overall on that bike
how you have staid out of spontaneous instability is a mystery you are so close it made me shiver to see that great looking lady on there hot fast pavement is seroius stuff
for me it was enough knowledge to be aware at the time.... for you
it was not science or knowledge just shear butt loads of dumb luck,to modify a machine that has unarguably been brought a lot lot closer to spontaneoius instability than can be called sane ,nothing was gained it does not handle safely or better
a lighter rider only magnifies the issue by what factor bah !! fuck that !just lett her see if it is or not ....
selling the bike to have somebody else ride as it is and dont i care if its your wife or a stranger in my mind it is criminally neglegent act with an asyteric i guess the criminally neglegent act has been the result or lets say enabled by, an an astoundingly acute level of ignorance and pure dumb luck

Wow. I have been riding my bike for three years and you know? I bet I wreck it at least three or four times each outing! It's an absolute nightmare to ride. You don't know the difference between shit and Shinola, fuck stick. If you took time out from your ridiculous attempts at analogy, you'd see my bike is damn near stock, save for upgraded springs. But hey, us criminals love "spontaneous instability". What a maroon, Mr. Doesn't Understand what Black Lives Matter Means White Lives Matter! Fuckin' deek! Ahahahahahahahaha. Quit looking at my wife or I'll come over there and push you down and make you cry like a little girl.

biker_reject said:
Wow. I have been riding my bike for three years and you know? I bet I wreck it at least three or four times each outing! It's an absolute nightmare to ride. You don't know the difference between shit and Shinola, fuck stick. If you took time out from your ridiculous attempts at analogy, you'd see my bike is damn near stock, save for upgraded springs. But hey, us criminals love "spontaneous instability". What a maroon, Mr. Doesn't Understand what Black Lives Matter Means White Lives Matter! Fuckin' deek! Ahahahahahahahaha. Quit looking at my wife or I'll come over there and push you down and make you cry like a little girl.
you are one stupid motherfucker

bsa-

I don't see it how you do.

Besides, what's with your insults that seem to have come out of nowhere?

You can be classier than that.

Sherm

Bigsherm said:
bsa-

I don't see it how you do.

Besides, what's with your insults that seem to have come out of nowhere?

You can be classier than that.

Sherm
Some people think its more important to criticize, condescend and insult in any given moment than to just be a decent helpful human being.
Its their choice and damn hard to respect.
Xb on the other hand i think is a sour old mutt because all those broken bones from highsides are aching with the weather.
Lighten up Xb! Chew some oxy and be nice to peoples! :D

xb33bsa said:
you are one stupid motherfucker

What witty, witty repartee! But I digress. Please, share more of your expertise regarding suspension geometry. I mean, you did ride a dirt bike like back in the 80's or something, right? Or, are you just here trolling from caferacers.net? Right wing blowhard.... Pffttt.

Back
Top Bottom