KZ 750 Twin - Two point zero

redwillissuperman said:
19bb4d912ac635580325cb895db04bca.jpg

So are the KZ750 twins good bikes to ride? Looking at buying this tomorrow.

Great looking bike. Let us know if you grab it.

doc_rot said:
I just picked up some solvent for my parts cleaner so i will start the tear down on the motor this week and can get that measurement.

What are you using for solvent? I have a parts cleaner and I mix Zep purple and water.

doc_rot said:
I just picked up some solvent for my parts cleaner so i will start the tear down on the motor this week and can get that measurement.

That looks super clean and well done. It has the GS1100E swingarm which is about 2" longer than stock. NOt sure what the front end it off but it looks quite a bit lower than stock. I imagine the handling is a bit slower than stock but with a good suspension setup you could negate that. what are they asking?
$4000

canyoncarver said:
What are you using for solvent? I have a parts cleaner and I mix Zep purple and water.
I buy 5 gallon buckets just labeled "solvent" at the local auto parts store. smells like lacquer thinner.

Nebr_Rex said:
If somebody had a stock 750b piston to get the wrist pin to top of piston measurement.
I could possibly find an off the shelf oversize part that might work. Had a similar quest with
a 2.0 over 440 jugg. The search is like a drug for me, finding solutions for mechanical problems.

20.88 + 9.5 = 30.38mm. It could be 30.5mm, these calipers are cheap and not super reliable.

let me know if you need anymore measurements. I really appreciate your help on this Nebr_Rex.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    738.9 KB · Views: 258
Nebr rex, ditto on the thanks for helping id this stuff. Attached is a stock piston image if that helps.

Kawasaki part numbers:
13001-1086 std
13029-1039 .5 os
13027-1038 1.0 os

I go back to this alot:
https://www.kawasaki.com/Parts/PartsDiagram/143370/1979/KZ750-B4

Attachments

• kzpiston.jpg
    kzpiston.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 590
Haven't had much time to look but here are a few from just one source. They have right pin height and diameter.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/uem-3220-1-0mm/overview/

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/uem-3220-std/overview/

Moving this particular iceberg a bit. The seat shape is pretty close I think?

Attachments

• kztwin_seat_sofar.jpg
    kztwin_seat_sofar.jpg
    594.5 KB · Views: 531
Yessir looks nice, even hits the lines on the gusset plates like a boss. What's that foam, looks smooth.

adventurco said:
Yessir looks nice, even hits the lines on the gusset plates like a boss. What's that foam, looks smooth.

Thanks! It's plain old florists green foam blocks. I used a 3m spray adhesive to glue them together about 8 hours before I started cutting away. I used a grater for wood for the rough out and my hand worked really well for fine stuff and smoothing. I wore a good filter mask, that stuff goes everywhere.

canyoncarver said:
Thanks! It's plain old florists green foam blocks. I used a 3m spray adhesive to glue them together about 8 hours before I started cutting away. I used a grater for wood for the rough out and my hand worked really well for fine stuff and smoothing. I wore a good filter mask, that stuff goes everywhere.

Ha! I thought it looked like that stuff. I use one of those wood hasps, too. They work great for cutting and forming foam.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

clem said:
I dig the seat. Will the frame stick out past the seat like that?

Once the form is finished, I'll have the line I need to notch the extra rear frame tube and bend it upwards about 70 degrees or so. I'll weld it up and it will end up being a support for the back of the seat. Thats the plan at least.

So like a cafe style sissy bar? That's cutting edge and that's the kind of stuff that makes you the cool dude that you are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

clem said:
So like a cafe style sissy bar? That's cutting edge and that's the kind of stuff that makes you the cool dude that you are

I had not thought of a cafe racer sissy bar. Pure genius.

Seat is lookin good. I might take a little of the tail end but that's just me.

I don't remember if you were planning on pods or air box but these showed up on eBay. I already got myself a pair.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Z750-B-New-Carb-to-Airbox-Rubbers-x2-Twin-B1-B2-B3-B4-Air-Box-Kz750-/122011567150?hash=item1c6874c42e%3Ag%3AoJkAAOSwqBJXWpoz&_trkparms=pageci%253Af401e48d-6bc6-11e6-9093-005056b68964%257Cparentrq%253Ac86b53ee1560a60cf3e645a5fffb94c1%257Ciid%253A1

doc_rot said:
Seat is lookin good. I might take a little of the tail end but that's just me.

I don't remember if you were planning on pods or air box but these showed up on eBay. I already got myself a pair.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Z750-B-New-Carb-to-Airbox-Rubbers-x2-Twin-B1-B2-B3-B4-Air-Box-Kz750-/122011567150?hash=item1c6874c42e%3Ag%3AoJkAAOSwqBJXWpoz&_trkparms=pageci%253Af401e48d-6bc6-11e6-9093-005056b68964%257Cparentrq%253Ac86b53ee1560a60cf3e645a5fffb94c1%257Ciid%253A1

Thats a good deal on those unobtanium bits, I appreciate the link Doc. I might grab them just in case. This twin won't have an airbox. I plan on experimenting with intake length and I've been trying to come up with a different but minimal intake plenum idea.

Back
Top Bottom