Soda residue inside engine

While blasting my engine it got some soda inside the case, apparently I did not do a good enough job of covering it up.

Engine still on table and was wondering what would be the best way to clean it out? The soda dissolves pretty fast in water but I'm not about to pour water into my engine case :D

Any good suggestions? Diesel, Flushing Oil..?

Ah sorry for not being more specific. I have the top end disassembled, so some soda got inside the main engine case while blasting, not on any of the gears or anything like that, just mostly in the lower part and some on the connecting rods. I have not split the case and was hoping to avoid that if possible. It's not really that much either, but I was hoping I could flush it out with something before putting it all back together.

i would warm up the case(put it in front of a portable heater for a few hrs) very warm tip it up so the cylinder studs are pointing down, then dowse the hell out of it with hot water straight from the water heater set on high
or just near boiling water with a turkey baster
water is the most harmless thing you can use in my opinion because it disolves the soda and will evaporate fully if done thisaway
after all done if you rig up an oiling lash thru the bottom oil galley plug then you could relube the crank and rods :) ;)

Use water then use methylated spirits ( alcohol ) the water is absorbed or mixes with it then evaporates when the metho does. Will dry completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom