1970 Honda CL450 "Ginger"

Re: 1970 Honda CL450 (project kickass)

What's going on with that tank!?

Hell man i would just clear that tank looks killer ! nice work Mile.....

the tank will be similar, but that was just a test on the top...so its going to be like that, but with ninja like precision in the jeweling process...then some spramax2k clear and i'll rock that shit all day long. or until i get sick of it and decide im just going to paint it.

thanks for watching.

H

Finished up the tank, replaced most bolts in the headset, which makes it look pretty awesome. I welcome your thoughts!

H

Attachments

• photo[3].JPG
    photo[3].JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 337
  • photo[2].jpg
    photo[2].jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 327
  • photo[1].JPG
    photo[1].JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 337

I'm loving the tank. Did you end up going with the 2K clear on it?

spraymax 2k cutt-in clear gloss...i love it. stuff is magic. and you can trip your balls off if you put some in your mouth/nose/brain.

Are those swirl patterns or just the way the light hits it?

I'm still trying to sand my tank to polish it, but now I'm thinking just get another tank off ebay, because they polish up easy if they've never been sanded. As you might remember I polished mine, it looked great, but then got kreem chemical on it, which messed it all up. SHIT!

Only thought i have on the tank is this....whats your address so i know where to send mine ;D

DreadRock said:
Only thought i have on the tank is this....whats your address so i know where to send mine ;D

HAHA, thanks Dread. you the man buddy. send it on down to Denver and i'll hook you up!

LearnAsIGo! said:
Are those swirl patterns or just the way the light hits it?

I'm still trying to sand my tank to polish it, but now I'm thinking just get another tank off ebay, because they polish up easy if they've never been sanded. As you might remember I polished mine, it looked great, but then got kreem chemical on it, which messed it all up. SHIT!

I too have polished a steel tank to a shine...this is a completely different process--the tank had too many dents to just shine it out, so i created a jewel pattern using a 2'' die grinder with scruffing pad pattern...and it turned out pretty nice and hides the two dents.

Cheers!

starting to look like a motorcycle again! did a bunch of the wiring last night, notched the right control housing for the cable to run outside the bar, put the headlight in...and i'm well on my way to be on the streets with this baby quite soon.

Attachments

• photo[7].jpg
    photo[7].jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 319
  • photo[6].JPG
    photo[6].JPG
    336.3 KB · Views: 307
  • photo[5].JPG
    photo[5].JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 322

yessir, yellow tint, but only a stripe of it. thanks for lookin!

Oh oh oh their magic, you knoooow....they are so shiny and magical that the camera can't even process what it is photographing. pretty pumped on these babies.

Attachments

• photo[1].JPG
    photo[1].JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 306

Where did you order those nipples again? I may need a set when I get new rubber next year...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360378340233?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2210wt_1100

Back
Top Bottom