Another CB360 Brat Thing

4.0x18 Dunlop K70, forward and aft. If I did it again, I'd go with 3.5x18 in the front, so I could fit the fork brace :-/

In love with how simple and to the point this build is. tl;dr: are their any electronics hidden anywhere?

1B6616A7-D78E-4591-82EA-44FF2D10C60A-6849-000004AC91CEFD1B.jpg

Left to right. 2.3 aH battery, four circuit fuse box, lawnmower reg/rect.

Looks great! What did you use to protect the tank from gas spill?

How loud are those shorty mufflers? I was looking to get the same ones in black

I used 2 part clear on the tank, so nothing is needed to protect the tank, if that's your question. The 4.0 in the front only clears the caliper side fork by about 1/16 of an inch once the tire is warm. I have a little more room on the other side. I believe the wheel is laced off center a few millimeters. I would really like to see someone make some lower fork braces for the 360.

Great build! That paint job is stunning! I really like that you kept it two up. I'm dreaming of a cafe/brat with a two up brat seat and a snap on bum stop for when my wife isn't along for the ride.

Thanks for the compliments. I definitely like being able to bomb across town with the lady on the back. The thing that really annoyed me about all 360's, was how the tail curves up at the shock mounts. Instead of trying to fight the curve, I had the seat done so that it would flow as one line from the tank to the tail. I'll take some real photos in the spring. I like the idea of some kinda pillion pad-esque thing.

Thats a very neat and fun lookin machine youve built. I like that green. Are you gonna do fenders in green also? If your thinking of improving seat comfort. Ive got 2 inch wondergel in mine. and comfort is never concern. its like a cloud of firm, squishy jello. you can get the pads in 1 inch which would probably fit your seat real nice.

Nice work Maineiac, I am a few hours north of you in Woodstock, NB. Border with Houltone ME. I ride down through Portland on the way to any of the GTG we have with DTT all the time. Also go shopping there a lot. LOL. The 750 will be sweet for sure when it is done.

Cheers,

Maritime

Kingofafrica said:
You sir, have given me inspiration! how comfortable is that seat? I have the same bike and was trying to decide if i wanted to cafe it or track it out! Please help me out :]

Plain and simple...cool ride man

You say they handle pretty well? Would it be the fact that you don't have a fork brace that its acting squirrely in the corners? I am currently building a brat and hadn't planned on any kind of brace or fender on the forks but now might be reconsidering it..

Don't do it so wide in the front. That's a 4.0, and I wouldn't do it again. I would much prefer to have the fork brace, as opposed to the wide front tire.

Back
Top Bottom