stuck on Honda

Bobby Joe

Been Around the Block
So I got my first bike in 10th grade about 10 years ago for $300 from my neighbor. His wife was making him dump his 1982 V45 Sabre with 2700 miles on it...but I wasn't allowed to ride for a bunch more years. Time went on and my dad bought a 1971 CB500F and soon after a 1973 CB750F. Both looked great, but stock for the most part. When I finally learned to ride, I loved the way the CB500 fit me and the look of it and I convinced my dad to trade me for the V45 a few months later after buying myself a 2003 VFR. And then a few weeks ago, my dad texted me saying that he has so many motorcycle projects on hand that I can come and just take the V45 back!!! So now I have 3 generations of Honda's.

The CB is currently being cafe-d. I had to start with rebuilding the carbs since they sat for about 2 years with gas in them. On top of not knowing what I was doing back then and tossing on pods + a 4-1, they need to be synced. I just picked out a seat from DCC today and I have some minor custom ideas brewing.

The V45 is my next project. That bike hasn't been started since 2002 but we drained it and I am crossing my fingers. This will start with a simple clean up and some performance F1 pipes. Maybe I will find a way to customize that cruiser one day.

And the VFR is my rider. We will go 150 miles each way for a lunch with the FL chapter of MSTA and some other local groups. My favorite trip was up to Barber last year and planning on going again each year.

So that is my collection so far...

As for my dad, he has a 2012 Duc Multistrada, a KTM 650 Duke, a 1973 CB750F, a 1961 CA200, and a 200? SV650S. I hope to has a collection that size or more one day!!

Back
Top Bottom