Care to share a little inspiration?

M Unit? Tasty.

Does that work with simple on-off type switches or does it need some sort of CanBus type devices to send it digital inputs?

link=topic=43261.msg653105#msg653105 date=1392848011]
Funny...you don't see the point and I see so many points
[/quote]
and they are what? Its a copy of a old motor made with modern machines and meterals.

bradj said:
link=topic=43261.msg653105#msg653105 date=1392848011]
Funny...you don't see the point and I see so many points

and they are what? Its a copy of a old motor made with modern machines and meterals.

Yeah...I guess you're right...anyone could do that. Whereas cleaning up a 70's classic and bolting on some cool aftermarket shit...that takes vision and craftsmanship and is, therefore, more deserving of admiration and praise.

Hnnng

1981-Suzuki-GN400-3.jpg

Duchat said:
I wouldn't worry if you both don't like it. That's why they make more than one motorcycle.
It's like my Grandpappy used to say... If everyone liked the same thing, we'd all be bangin Grandma ;)

Brad, I want those chambers!!!

92eZwIt.jpg

The tank to seat cowl line is absolutely stunning, but I'm mainly trying to figure out how they managed to get the entire seat cowl out of one piece of metal. I understand it must be some sort of rainbow-shaped plate, so I tried Solidwork's sheet metal tool to figure it out, but as soon as I have the right shape it refuses to flatten it. So I guess I'll just buy some cardstock and go at it the old fashioned way.

The only thing that would make that bike better would be if they had dimpled a line around the edge of the pan to mimic the pinch at the bottom of the tank

Tijmen said:
92eZwIt.jpg

The tank to seat cowl line is absolutely stunning, but I'm mainly trying to figure out how they managed to get the entire seat cowl out of one piece of metal. I understand it must be some sort of rainbow-shaped plate, so I tried Solidwork's sheet metal tool to figure it out, but as soon as I have the right shape it refuses to flatten it. So I guess I'll just buy some cardstock and go at it the old fashioned way.

What makes you think the seat is made from a single sheet of metal? Not trying to be a dick, but put down the computer program and pick up the sheetmetal. You'll learn a lot more about fabrication.

VonYinzer said:
What makes you think the seat is made from a single sheet of metal? Not trying to be a dick, but put down the computer program and pick up the sheetmetal. You'll learn a lot more about fabrication.
I was going to ask the same question. The only way this could be done in a single sheet would be with a very expensive stamping die and I doubt that was done. I think I have seen this seat before and it is actually 3 pieces, a base pan, the cowl piece and a cap in the front of the bum stop all welded and blended.

o1marc said:
I was going to ask the same question. The only way this could be done in a single sheet would be with a very expensive stamping die and I doubt that was done. I think I have seen this seat before and it is actually 3 pieces, a base pan, the cowl piece and a cap in the front of the bum stop all welded and blended.
Actually, that can be made out of a single sheet.m I'm not saying it is, and I doubt it, but anyone that knows how to stretch and shrink metal and use formers knows how to do it. There's not a lot of height to that cowl. It's pretty basic really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom