Care to share a little inspiration?

pidjones said:
All of WTT is inspiring, but the inline fours really get me hot. Why is this layout no longer used? Putting the gearbox under and alongside would permit some shortening, and water cooling remove the rear cylinder overheat problems. Some of the details were cool, too - like having a small exhaust take-off to run under the carb for pre-heat, and the way they used levers and rods for throttle and such. I try to spend about four hours at Dale's every-other year.

"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

I watched a documentary on Michael Czysz's dream of building an in house MotoGP (longitudinal in-line four) bike on
Discovery. It was a brilliant and inspired design. Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isBe-z6KRk4&list=PL7E3ECED3BC6ED790

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/122_0507_radical_c1_990/

While I was in California about a week ago I happened across this bike tucked away in the back of a shop. I'm in the process of trying to find out more about it, but it was just beautiful.

Attachments

• bmtabike.jpg
    bmtabike.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 228
It's a Velocette - probably a Venom. Not a Thruxton or works racer KSS or KTT. People that like them tend to love them and claim they were so much better than any other British bike of the era. Those of us that owned Triumphs and BSA's tend not to agree..:)

Interesting bike though. Could be a 350 but probably a 500.

krafty said:
While I was in California about a week ago I happened across this bike tucked away in the back of a shop. I'm in the process of trying to find out more about it, but it was just beautiful.

I want to find a gem like this, i'm in CA and I never happen across anything cool

Inspiration? You betcha!

1904015_10152320125117953_665679442_n.jpg

Rich Ard rode into to work today. It was single digits this morning.

Man I almost rode back at lunch, but the damn wheeler in pieces was blocking in the CX, I will remedy that this weekend in case the roads stay clean for Monday. Finally the roads are dry and pretty much sand free and the cold is keeping the 4' of snow from covering them. I can dress for the cold LOL, but ice and sand, those are bad news.

OOOH I like that wing! If I had the $$ I would build one just like that. As it is I want at least the brakes and suspension for mine.

Hoosier Daddy said:
Yep, don't let the car tire directional tread mindset thow you off. On motorcycle front tires the tread can often "look" backwards. I am not 100% positive on the Avons but the reasoning for the tread that would seem to funnel the water inboad has been covered here many times.

Yes, Avons' directional arrows go both ways depending on if one is using the tire on the front or the back of the bike.

biker_reject said:
Yes, Avons' directional arrows go both ways depending on if one is using the tire on the front or the back of the bike.

Not exactly. on the "universal" models there are 2 arrows depending on mounting position, one marked F one Marked R. On Front or rear specific models there is only 1 arrow in 1 direction. It just so happens though that the sizes for a lot of our old bikes fall under the "Universal" tires in their lineup.

If you can't tell... It seems my sensibilities seem to lean towards tracker/dual sport/all around kick ass go anywhere bikes anymore. ;)

VonYinzer said:
If you can't tell... It seems my sensibilities seem to lean towards tracker/dual sport/all around kick ass go anywhere bikes anymore. ;)
I believe you and me... we on the same wavelength.

me 3 :)

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=HM0414-184746&utm_source=emv&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=HM0414-U166

Attachments

• rs750 1.jpg
    rs750 1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 742
  • mext04.jpg
    mext04.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 248
Back
Top Bottom