SR250 New Zealand Garage Build

Thanks!, Cheers for the nomination Steve. It had a 122.5 main jet fitted it was upsized to a 130.0 jet. Its sounds a bit better as well removing all the airbox guff.

Thanks for all the positve comments guys.

vphillipson said:
Thanks!, Cheers for the nomination Steve. It had a 122.5 main jet fitted it was upsized to a 130.0 jet. Its sounds a bit better as well removing all the airbox guff.

Thanks for all the positve comments guys.

Cheers mate. Good luck.

looking good... what happened to the original seat you chopped up? ...

i shall be bookmarking this thread.. i'm just starting out with my own sr250 build.... i'm thinking i better buy as many second hand sr250 as I can before our builds push the prices through the roof! :'(

Cheers, I gave it to my brother as he has an sr250 also!, Agree, I also would like to have a go at an sr500 not as many around here though.

I jus joined the forum , and yours is one of the 1st builds I have read .
A nice tidy build there .
I am looking for insparation for my own build, A GS 650 Katana .
Just collecting a few parts first. that seat and trailer guard looks cool.

Hello , can you tell me what rear tyre it is ? Im looking for something simular. Gr Geert
Excellent job !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks !, The rear is a shinko e240 its got quite a flat top/edge transition but its been fine so far, ther's a few different styles of it, with the white or black wall, just kinda fit the bill as the old one was quite worn

Real nice!!! love it.
Good to see there are fellow Kiwi builders on here, I'm from Nelson, check out my build .. http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=39550.0

I am doing a custom project on a friends GZ250 which has a similar CV carb, how does it run with the pod?? I'm told that they are a no no with CV's, does it run smooth right through the throttle closed to wide open?

Anyway well deserved nomination for BOTM, excellent job.

very nice build, almost looks factory :)
I'm a fellow kiwi builder too! I'm in Cambridge so not too far from you.
I'll keep a lookout for it on trademe :)

Mad Ratter said:
Real nice!!! love it.
Good to see there are fellow Kiwi builders on here, I'm from Nelson, check out my build .. http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=39550.0

I am doing a custom project on a friends GZ250 which has a similar CV carb, how does it run with the pod?? I'm told that they are a no no with CV's, does it run smooth right through the throttle closed to wide open?

Anyway well deserved nomination for BOTM, excellent job.

Hi Mate, just had a look at your build, very nice, very clean looking, yes it runs very well with the pod, its all standard jetting, i just adjust the mixture screw out 1/4 turn or so, it doesn't feel as strangled as before. Was having issues with it cutting out, but tracked it down to the kill switch contacts being dirty, cleaned them up and its now 100%

Hi Mate, no sorry i don't, I have one saved on my computer at home but im away from home for a few weeks, I searched and found one eventually cheers

Back
Top Bottom