Honda cb350 cafe racer project from the UK

wow, the bike looked in really nice condition to start with! means you can get straight to the fun stuff :)

Yup i 2nd overdraft really great start ya done some quick changes to get ya juices flowing haha :p looks like a new and decent battery ya got i got the same one got plenty of umph for the starter. I changed out regulator / rectifier for a combined unit worth it and a space saver too, tank n seat look cool don't think they will have been cheep sell on ya spares helps the costs i did suprised at the little nest egg that mounted up :eek: lovin ya thread mate keep goin always here for Q&A's / idea's etc

Thanks yorkie350,
What regulator/rectifier did you use? Where was it from?
Yes I splashed out on loads of spares and then thought..ah, I've not yet heard it running. Doh!
I'll probably sell the bits I remove when it's done. Is it best to sell on here or on flee-bay? I suppose flee-bay will get more coverage.
The bike has now been sent back to my local bike shop to try and sort out the gearbox. I probably won't do a full strip down which is why I chose a good condition bike to start with. Also I know this may be hard to believe for you folks across the pond but I don't have a garage! So in the process of purchasing a fairly big shed to tinker around in. Otherwise I'm limited to sunny days which isn't that often in the UK. This could be a long build. lol.

Whoa. It looked great to start with but I like the changes a lot. Really dig that tank... and the clip-ons made a huge difference.
I dunno if you're looking to change this, but thought I'd throw it out there... My husband does these... this is one he is currently finishing up for a cb750. :) They're sleek and really clean up that area nicely when you're using clip-ons instead.

20140309_214204.jpg

Comparison:

IMG_6476372174847.jpg

To give you a general idea of how it looks on:

IMG_6356565307778.jpg

Looking great. Can't wait to see the rest of what you do! :)

Hiya mate i bought mine from ebay but its from M&P here in UK paid around £55 plus postage plugs straight in too no messing about :p works a treat too defo pay more for separate replacement units :eek: plus they gonna be as old as the ones coming off so they gonna have wear n tear ??? i know cos i sold mine on got a gud price too hope ya get a man cave soon fella take me hat off to ya for doin well so far without ;)

Cheers guys,
Haircutgirl, how much are the triple tree's? Look really good, could be interested.

Yorkie 350, I did get one from those guys but they supplied me with one for a 350 four so had 2 extra wires, I spoke with them and they said they didn't do them for the twins! If yours is a twin do you have the part number? Many thanks.

Scotch_egg, I got my right hand side from ebay USA, but I had to modify it as it only had the on & off switch and the original has got a 3 position switch on it. I cut a slit in it and replaced the internal switch, bit of a faff but OK. The left hand side I got from David Silver spares, he's my new best friend selling me loads of stuff!

Just got a package to collect from the posty, think my new gauges have arrived from Dime City Cycles.... ooh it's like Christmas. Pics to follow soon.

Hi mate yeah i was off track there :-[ mines a 350 four but been searching on ebay found some twin ones havent got enough brain cells to get the details to ya from me latop doh ??? but theres one from a parts supply guy in US called technogearhead if ya can get on ebay to find him a few came up under cb350 twin. Some call em regulator /rectifier, but are only rectifier :eek: just check fella before hittin the buy button shame david silvers dont do em ? got some great bits from him real saviour ::) let us know how ya get on ile keep lookin as well ;)

Andyp said:
Haircutgirl, how much are the triple tree's? Look really good, could be interested.
Andy, here's a link for his thread about them:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=56378

And here is a link to his dtt profile:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3067

Feel free to message him; he will gladly give you the information you need about them :)

~Jenn

Cheers mate,
Yes maybe I'll start up my own business selling them to UK bikers? Make a killing.

Delivery of my new 2.5" tacho & speedo from DCC, look awesome. Can't wait to get these bad boys fitted. Some older pic of parts also. Clip ons, levers, cables, mirrors.

Thanks for the David Silver link bud!

I have just shown mrs scotch_egg the photo of all your goodies to justify any future expenditure on my part.

You're a lucky sod :p

Ha ha. No worries scotch_egg.
The bank balance has been taking a pounding since I got the bike. May have to kerb the spending for a bit....er, well maybe.
There's always one more thing you want.

Check out this guy from california for some inspiration. http://castkinetic.com
I absolutely love his & hers project. If I had enough funds at the time I would have put a cheeky bid in. Absolutely awesome.

This is my inspiration for my build. If I can get 20% need this I'll be a happy boy.

Apart from those 2 bad boys I'm trying to mix together these for inspiration. You could say this is my power board. Still trying to think of a colour combo and pattern. Any suggestions welcome. Clean like the bikes above or a bit of a sticker attack? Not sure yet.

Got to be the spitfire. You cant have any of that super dry on a classic bike.

I didn't realise you had to seal your own benji tank. My bike is now a frame that used to look like a motorbike.

I showed my 84 year old grandfather the origional bike and now I am torn for a true factory rebuild. I just cant afford it.

The build will be namaed Herbert after him and a ground up build. As a fellow Brit I look forward to a cafe stop once our steeds are complete. Lets enjoy the journey.

Back
Top Bottom