Full face or open face?

Wondering what everyone uses for helmets?

• Full Face

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • Open Face

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loctite77

Yeah Son!
Just kind of curios what type helmet everyone uses? I have both, an open face for around town and a full face for the highway and spirited riding.

Full face no question. You only get one head per life. Might as well protect it as best as possible.

Do you want a full face or an open face looking back at you in the mirror after a crash?

Have look see here and then you tell me:

https://www.google.com/search?q=open+face+helmet+injuries&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIvfWJ7vnZxwIVBso-Ch3iuQqH&biw=1280&bih=738

It's been full face ever since my unfortunate meeting with the side of a car back in 1970. Back then the only full face helmet available was the original Bell Star, but I went to that and never went back.

Attachments

• tumblr_msa03vAI1t1syxqsbo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_msa03vAI1t1syxqsbo1_1280.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 318
But the open face is so Hip. Does anyone know where I can get a full face that would look cool with my skinny jeans?

Yeah Son!

when you git yer pitcher taken use an open face ,kill switch "off" when riding at speed wear a good fitting at least mid quality full face i
however i used to wear an open face bell when competing in observed trials you really had no choice

I have historically worn 3/4 lids (open face) due to the sweltering heat here, but once I get the CB back on the road I will be investing in a good quality full face. No compromise when it comes to safety.

luckily where i live and ride it is a dry heat = cooler to wear a fullface v an open face even at 100 digrease , wet your head occasinally and let the vents work

Like others full face other then dirt or trials riding and I hate the way trails helmets fit so ran my dirt bike healmet !

coyote13 said:
I have historically worn 3/4 lids (open face) due to the sweltering heat here, but once I get the CB back on the road I will be investing in a good quality full face. No compromise when it comes to safety.

Lived in PHX for 5 years; always wore a helmet, plus jacket, gloves, and boots no matter how hot it was. It's only hot when you're stopped ;D

But yes, always full face. My helmet is covered in bugs by the time I get home everyday, don't know how I see so many riders wearing 1/2 helmet..... and too often not even DOT :eek: Really not worth the risk, esp when I'm in triple digits almost every day.

Slow motion life.

I have skidrolled down the highway 3 feet away from my bike at 60 with no helmet on.
Any part of your head that hits the concrete from 4 feet high at speed will incur major damage. Might even kill you.

I have lost brothers both wearing helmets and not wearing helmets. Motorcycles are dangerous.

I hit a deer Jul 9,2015 I am still in bed waiting for a badly damaged foot to heal but my full face saved my life, jaw and teeth. EMT said the rash on my helmet was so bad, had I had an open face on I'd have no bottom jaw left. That and my full armored Joe rocket mesh kept all the injuries to bruises on everything but my left leg. Full face or why bother.

Back
Top Bottom