Classic Auto Mechanics - Needing help with '77 Lincoln Continental Mark V

if ya ever get shit in yer carb plugged jets,dirty bowls,as long as the engine still will run ,there is a 30 second "fix" that actually can work and cure the issue it can work on any carb engine even a motorsickle. i have used it on numerous vehicles it has only been like 10% succes but all ya need is a rag or towel and that one out of ten is wirth the 30 seconds if you keep goin down the road
who knows what it is ?

Stuff a rag drenched in fuel and wrapped around a spark plug on a lead over the intake and crank. You'll know when to stop.

Redliner said:
Stuff a rag drenched in fuel and wrapped around a spark plug on a lead over the intake and crank. You'll know when to stop.
:D ;D thats a fuckin genius right there, back a the class, next

i have actually done almost that exact thing tho, but i used a 2 piece cool looking fragile ::) glass fuel filter to melt the carb

Carbecue's are fun and all, until your brain cells end up on an endangered species list. Not saying this has happened to me, just saying I have to cherish the few that I have left.

Redliner said:
The first time it shut off was on a 91° day. Sure enough it was all steamy in the fuel line. I added a pusher pump to the rear and have watched a clear filter for any air and so far that problem is nipped.

Fuel pressure remains about 7-8psi. Good for a carby.

Yes I believe that the oil change had an effect on the oiling of the rear. The issue didn't appear until I started putting miles on the new synthetic stuff...

to much fuel pressure. 4 to 6 lbs.
the oil might not have enough zinc.

^thats why I suspect the oil change. Sheesh I shoulda just left the old stuff in it. Ran fine and the main crank seal wasn't leaking.

This generation is so ignorant. It's not that easy, kid, lemme tell ya. They've evolved since then

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446249960.303937.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446249960.303937.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 606
Anybody that guessed vacuum leak, screw you. Anybody that guessed vacuum leak, lucky guess, chump.

The thin paper EGR plate gasket didn't hold up and was being eroded by the exhaust gasses. Replaced with a quality fiber/metal gasket and it is as good as it ever was! Plus, in all its down time, I solved my issue of defunct media!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448243292.762815.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448243292.762815.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 223
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448243332.560836.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448243332.560836.jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 220
That's why I hate egr. All mine get a little 'tuning'.
Better driveability and mileage are the usual result.

I just can't believe the issues I was having because of this. I feel like a huge midget has been lifted off of my back now that it runs and doesn't chirp and buck! What a dream it is! And it cost all of $12!

but but but butbutbut the flat cam ?! the jumoped time chain :-[ the holy pistons :'( :( good god man it cant be that plain now can it !!! 7 geniuses and 11 morans down the rabbit hole latr,and the one-eyed clerk at the doller general was right all along ..oh the precious time units wasted :p

It could have been a complete rebuild and overhaul, but I didn't see you doing much to help that end...

Back
Top Bottom