Parting out a whole 1978 CB750

Ranger1

Hi guys,

so awhile back i swapped for a non running 1978 CB750 with the intention of making it a cafe racer.... that didnt happen. Life got in the way and now im only a couple months away from enlisting in the Marine Corps so i definitely will not have time for it then. I want somebody to get some use from it though instead of it rotting into the ground at my grandparents farm (i wouldnt mind getting some money back either) so ill sell ya anything off of it for a decently cheap price, ideally id like to get about $4-500 total out of it. So if you want the whole thing id take $500 OBO. Let me know what parts you need and i can get specific photos etc. of it and you can tell me what youll pay for it. I live in the panhandle of Oklahoma for now so id do pickup or you pay shipping.

I will post pics of the bike up in a couple hours, I apologize the ones i took earlier got deleted.

Thanks,
Ranger

What's the exhaust looking like?
And do you have the lock for the gas tank latch? If so I'm definitely interested in that

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Cody.linhart said:
What's the exhaust looking like?
And do you have the lock for the gas tank latch? If so I'm definitely interested in that

The exhaust is in good shape, a little bit of rust but not bad. Sorry i forgot to get the pics uo yesterday. As for the gas tank latch, im not exactly sure what you mean by that. Are you talking about the door over the cap?

07215655a03315a6613f80612fa2e0e4.jpg
1279eef906ee87203d59f9c9c8165845.jpg
4cf70e947204c0858279e2b9d3badcd4.jpg
6018816ef3cd5668fb6c86a469c20893.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Those are some interesting passenger floor boards. Have you tried posting this on the SOHC4 forums?

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php#c6

scott s said:
Those are some interesting passenger floor boards. Have you tried posting this on the SOHC4 forums?

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php#c6
They are, i wasnt sure where he got them at and havent found any like em om the internet. I hadnt tried SOHC4 yet but ill give it a shot. Thanks!

Is that a 4-1 exhaust? And if so what would you possibly be wanting for the exhaust headers?

By any chance could you shoot up a picture of the other side of the bike? There's a few things I'm looking for and it would help out a ton!

Yeah, the lock that latches the fuel tank door on top. Do you have the lock for it?

df0884409a97f692bd4fffa922976c35.jpg

Yes thats a 4-1 exhaust on it. You want just the headers not the muffler along with it? Ive really got no idea what its worth, does $45+ shipping sound reasonable?
b0459feebd7d9090382ee725c181a99f.jpg

This is the only pic of the other side of the bike i have at the moment. I can get a better one later if youd like, at the moment im on vacation in Corpus Christi but should be back in a few days.

As for the lock im afraid its missing. Sorry i couldnt help with that one

Thanks,
Ranger
Cody.linhart said:
Is that a 4-1 exhaust? And if so what would you possibly be wanting for the exhaust headers?

By any chance could you shoot up a picture of the other side of the bike? There's a few things I'm looking for and it would help out a ton!

Yeah, the lock that latches the fuel tank door on top. Do you have the lock for it?

df0884409a97f692bd4fffa922976c35.jpg

Heres all the pics i have at the moment. Sorry for not uploading sooner. I have a sisy bar/ luggage rack that was on it. And i doubt anybody wants it but i e got an old Vetter windjammer and mount id pra tically give away for shipping.
d5f5b3a25a4e44197a475cdbf02e5c0d.jpg
a634395b84f488c54700fd8e34368712.jpg
c13969cd24067d317935b6b0db218f15.jpg
48eb72f6a470a9800003c53c3963fe0b.jpg
95f90f78f0abdce99a1d532ac8b8faad.jpg
e6a7bdef006aa953ec67e30989e0b05b.jpg

MMVEC said:
How much for the whole bike?

Maybe $400 OBO? The engine has an oil leak down the front left side and it spun over once before i bought it but theres no oil in it now so i havent tried since then. I habe the title but i never transferred it into my name.

Ranger1 said:
Maybe $400 OBO? The engine has an oil leak down the front left side and it spun over once before i bought it but theres no oil in it now so i havent tried since then. I habe the title but i never transferred it into my name.

Where are you located? If the bike is complete and ownership is clean--does VIN on bike match ownership card?--I'll make an offer if we aren't too far away from each other...can you email me more pics? Let me know and we can exchange through PM instead of public posts.

MMVEC said:
Where are you located? If the bike is complete and ownership is clean--does VIN on bike match ownership card?--I'll make an offer if we aren't too far away from each other...can you email me more pics? Let me know and we can exchange through PM instead of public posts.

I'm going to check on shipping--I live near Windsor Canada but the company I work for has a shipping/logistics department...but I'll need to make sure I can cross the bike through customs and register in Canada

I live way down in hooker, Oklahoma zip code 73945 if that helps. Ive got no clue about shipping anything anywhere, let alone canada so you just let me know what you find out.

Any clue on shipping cost of the front end to 50156? I'd like the triple tree, forks, wheel, mastercylinder and caliper. I suspect shipping will be to expensive though. I might be out in the panhandle in April if you still have it and I'd be able to pick it up if I drive instead of fly.

cyglide said:
Any clue on shipping cost of the front end to 50156? I'd like the triple tree, forks, wheel, mastercylinder and caliper. I suspect shipping will be to expensive though. I might be out in the panhandle in April if you still have it and I'd be able to pick it up if I drive instead of fly.
Pmed you

Back
Top Bottom