Cb360 thread

No need to buy NOS, if you find a good smooth replacement with no spalling. Ebay is usually full of them. I usually buy the whole cover with all the rockers for the same price as one NOS rocker, or less.

I bought the rocker n cam with rockers for 32 bucks free shipping figure if the rockers are no good ill buy a few. I got them in the mail today so ill check what condition the rest are in. The one i screen shotted looked to be worst of the 4 is at all just the bad one.

dcf10b1294dee701d65b0d0717a5bedc.jpg

I was mistakin rockers should be here tomorrow. This is the head

65b0591cb547e06507833b8751470b1c.jpg

Hoping i didnt get screwed when buying this rocker cover and parts. I ordered 1 good rocker feom eBay. Cover looks to be in good shape. Same with the hwad i ordered. Should i source another cam n 1 rocker?
Thankyou and sorry for the picture quality, wanting to get this done in a good time.
8c189cdd9b95a8f3afb061b76caec2a7.jpg

9b496219632c114400103ce3d4f2822e.jpg

c6ef05890513b07c8981dba9f9d80794.jpg

Stuff looks better than what you had for sure, did you ask how many miles were on that engine you bought parts from? That head has had some miles on it you can tell from the wear on the journals in the head.

That is all run-able at least for a season if you pay attention to it, make sure you set the clearances correct and run good oil. Maybe polish those journals a little.

Other wise see if you can get a refund and look around a little harder. I know the feeling, I went through the same thing several years ago when mine spit its spark plugs out because the PO cross threaded them one to many times. Did manage to find a head cheaper than two rethread kits.

Unfortunately no refund. Ill see if a local shop will be nice and clean up the journal for a decent fee, i found 2 good shape rockers. Cam is what will throw me off. Have no issue running the cam with a good set of rockers. Waiting for them to cone probably next week im hoping. Ordering my gasket kit fron common and a few other parts this weekend.

I was running castole 10w40. Used it in all the other engines ive had. Any particular would you use instead with this engine?

Any oil that has the JSO rating for MC engines is fine, I run Rotella diesel oil in mine just because I can get it cheap and it works. Little heavier but doesn't seem to hurt at all. Though I have read recently they have changed the formula so I don't know what I'm going to use now.

I don't waste money on Synthetic because you still have to change it every 1500 miles ish.

Ordered rockers for very cheap low milage motors off ebay. real good shape 2 for under 30 with shipping shipped. Waiting to assemble till i get the motor cleaned up and painted

You mentioned polishing. Would i need to buy aluminium polish and micro towels or wouls your recomend anything else? And as far as the cam lobs go. With the good rockers will that arise an issue or should i shop for a cam?

Polishing in this case means trying to remove the grooves and scoring that comes with age and usage. Fine grade sand paper like 1000 grit and some oil and just work gently on the journals just to smooth them out some if they feel overly rough. IF you can catch a groove with a finger nail at least try to work it down so it wont score the cam. I am a firm believer in some cross hatching or grooves in bearings like that though, gives the oil something to hang onto and stay in place. Just don't want anything to cut into the cam.

That cam is not totally gone, seems like most 360s with some miles on them look like that. Again if it feels like it is overly rough over more than say 50% of the lobe where it will contact the rocker under pressure its probably bad. Its akin to repeatedly rubbing 80 grit sand paper over a smooth surface, it will wear the rockers out.

Ill definitely have to do that monday lefy the heads on ny tool box. Nees to find a valve remover tool. Master tech said wr had one at work. But couldn't find it, going to buy a soda blastwr tomorrow get my cases blasted tomorrow and decide a paint scheme, thinking chrome (ish) and copper, and have the tank painted havent decided what color to go with, being i wotk for nissan i figured the new sentra blue would look nice with a closr to factor style sticker on the tank.

Ladt few days went parts shopping. Ordered some new guides on ebay off a member here ordered .25 piston set for 70 bucks on ebay brand new nos. Trying to figure what jetting i should starg with. Garentee theres still alot of stuff i need to buy

I just realized this. The heads are slightly different from the one i bought to the one i removed, i dont think it will be an issue. Onr i bought is without the boots,any thought
1cff4741017d2faad80547b178e85eab.jpg

Do you mean the carb boots? Just get a set of gaskets, or make your own, and swap them over.

Carb boots next pay check ordering from common. I ment tge difference in the heads. How one has the round body (new purchase) (ment the old head has tge boots on for refference to which i was comparing sorry) compared to the old cl head. Dont think it will be an issue but figured id ask. Going to soda blast parts this weekend, since i work saturday going to clean all my valves see which ones will be best to use couple techs have the cream to seat valves

There's several styles of heads, I bet if you looked at the point gallery you'd see another difference. They all should work just fine, some of them just have more MEAT in places . Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom