1977 BMW R100/7 Sarcoplasmic Cow Hellride

I’ve started making a battery/electrics box. Still roughed out, but half the work is done.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_2392.JPG
    IMG_2392.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2393.JPG
    IMG_2393.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 220
Any specific reasons for the use of composites on the tray? I usually see metal for that application.

Sonreir said:
Any specific reasons for the use of composites on the tray? I usually see metal for that application.
Lighter, and easier to make. Aside from cure time, I have no more than an hour in this. I don't know why everyone uses metal, honestly. Plus, fiberglass is an insulator. Wouldn't it be better to have a box full of electrics made out of an insulator rather than conductor material?

Good to go. Yes, those are conduit hangers. I ain’t ashamed.

Attachments

• IMG_2404.JPG
    IMG_2404.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 216
Mocking up the stock side covers to see if I want to stick with them or make something custom. With a little alteration, I’ll stay with these.

Attachments

• IMG_2406.JPG
    IMG_2406.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_2405.JPG
    IMG_2405.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 217
canyoncarver said:
Is there room for two butts?

I like it!
Ya know, when I was standing their eyeing the side covers I had that very same thought. I think there is room for my wife, but not some dude. We'd be all tight nut to butt.

Irk I really dig the way you mounted the battery box man.. that's pretty slick did you have to use a TIG machine to weld those hangers to the frame?

Luugo86 said:
Irk I really dig the way you mounted the battery box man.. that's pretty slick did you have to use a TIG machine to weld those hangers to the frame?
Thanks. Just a mig on the 2 setting.

irk miller said:
Ya know, when I was standing their eyeing the side covers I had that very same thought. I think there is room for my wife, but not some dude. We'd be all tight nut to butt.

https://vimeo.com/132725292

It’s far from a professional job, but I sewed a seat from goat hide leather. At some point, I’ll farm it out to a pro, but I was quoted $400 and I’m nowhere near that right now.

Attachments

• IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 243
My stock headers are in fair shape, but by no stretch great. That means they are perfect for cutting up and turning into high pipes!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2459.JPG
    IMG_2459.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_2458.JPG
    IMG_2458.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 230
Nice pipes.

Any thoughts for a high front fender to match the rear?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hurco550 said:
Nice pipes.

Any thoughts for a high front fender to match the rear?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Not really. I don't necessarily think that would be a match. I'm not trying to build a dirt bike or scrambler, per se. Plus, the old 60s desert sleds didn't have high fenders, either.

This is an interesting take on a front fender.

Attachments

• The-Steve-McQueen-Desert-Racer_art.jpg
    The-Steve-McQueen-Desert-Racer_art.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 567
Back
Top Bottom