74 and 75 CB360 tracker - Need to get some pics done of this.

Re: 74 and 75 CB360 tracker (and I use that term loosely) build. pics up!!

Well, $1000 and 5 days of I.V.s later the dog is going to be fine. :p

Meanwhile Christmas came late this year;

2a476ab6.jpg

handling and suspension bits! Man, I ordered those hagons yesterday at noon and they were on my door step at noon today!!

and;

48fce793.jpg

Lighting!

getting excited to start putting this back together. need to get busy cleaning and painting the frame and bits!

Dude! Score!! Mine had to be ordered from England and still don't have 'em. And they didn't have the spring rate i wanted in black, so they're sending chrome(gonna paint them). Your project is kickin' right along. Great Job!!
Kev

Where did you get your neck bearings from? I need to order some up.

Thanks,
Stout

$50 vm30's arrived today.

17485897.jpg

1a0200a6.jpg

They actually look pretty good! the castings are nice and clean. the float bowl metal looks different than the carb body but not that much. The slides in the vm20's I got for the 200 are brass. These are not HMMM. They are stamped Mikuni and they also have "Japan" stamped on them so who knows. One nice thing is that the choke levers are set up to take a cable so I can rig something up with that.

They're loaded with 100 mains I don't think that's going to cut it. Anybody got a tip where to start?

$50?! That's a smokin' deal... ebay? - Stout

Yup, There's tons on there $50 buy it now with free shipping. Thats $50 per. still a good deal, IF they work well. There was some discussion that these may be knock-offs, but A couple have bought the knock-offs and have had good success with them.

They are quite a bit smaller than the originals. Crazypj recommended the 30's. Hopefully they will work well. They should really clean up the look of that area of the frame box.

Re: 74 and 75 CB360 tracker - Parts are almost all here!!

These tires are Sweeeeet!! Foshizzle! Shinko 705's

c5ddafea.jpg

9920f855.jpg

These are the ones!

almost all the rest of the parts are here as well and I ordered stainless exhaust tubing, mandrel bends and a collector for exhaust fab. SO as soon as I can get some shop time things should start happening.

Looks like everything is coming together, love those tires
Kev

Okay, figured out the rub with the cheap vm30's. The mounting flange. Looks like most VM30's come with a spigot mount and these ones have a flange mount, problem is I can't find a double flange manifold to take them. Anyone got a source? I could get a set of spigot flanges and just reverse them with a section of tube between but I would rather find a single unit if possible.

Doing some mock up here. I cut the fender long hoping to use it as a splash guard to the triangle. didn't look good so it had to go.
895771b6.jpg

1b8f420b.jpg

Cut it back. The line is concurrent with the proposed line of the bottom of the modified battery box. should look good. leaves the triangle clean. I may or may not use these longer air filters. I just had them around.
4607df23.jpg

be86cb2c.jpg

Waiting for that stuff to arrive. Not going to try to reinvent the wheel or anything though, nice clean, simple lines.

Working on the front end. The Shinko705's are a tad wider that the 244's and though they fit in the 360 front end its really tight. I actually think that with the fork boots mounted the tire would rub. I have a 500t parts bike in house so I grabbed the front end off that and put it on the 360. It bolts right on with slight mods to the steering stops. The bearings are the same. The tire now fits nicely in there. The forks are about a half inch wider so I have one real concern not having done this before. I want to use the 360 hubs. the axles are the same diameter but obviously the 500 axle is longer, with the adjustable caliper arm I'm thinking I should be able to use the 360 hub and just add a spacer on each side to take up the difference and keep the wheel centered, Right? any other issues I need to be thinking about?

I'm really liking what the 500 forks do for the look of the bike. beefy!!

Thanks for checking in.

3ee23022.jpg

477b2f2c.jpg

febafeba.jpg

I like those tires... what did you have to give for em? Thanks, Stout

They were cheap, man! a few dollars more than the 244 golden boys! about $90 for the pair out of Bikebandit.com

Ya man. Just some simple spacers will work.

Thats what I figured, just being careful.

As long as the wheel is centered, youre golden man. That 500 front end liiks good on there, a little beefier.

nice! I might have to get those for my champion frame tracker.... Thanks!
- stout

Okay, got my headlight mount mocked up. I may re-do it as i'm not sure the welds are great, (good practice) I like the way it sits though. I may move it back a half inch but I want to wait to see what it all looks like with the brake lines in there etc.

Started fiddling with the exhaust as well.
5f03cab4.jpg

15b15212.jpg

35664883.jpg

Anybody notice the Presumpscot st. Concourse D'elegance in the back ground? :D

Back
Top Bottom