Cb750 fresh build dark oil

quadracer351

Coast to Coast
The only thing I've done since the rebuild is turn the bike over and let it idle the bike has yet to be ridden and this is what the oil is looking like. It's bored out to 811, It doesn't smell like fuel has and doesn't seem metallic at all. Is this normal and I'm over thinking running penzoil 10w 40 for now it?
9474a53355ad91e8b7c789e077998f51.jpg
cd78bdd75981c56eb748f41bf33cf3b1.jpg
16ff6a47af8a2169b2aff13755b3e454.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fresh build with new walls and a new rings has a lot of carbon will slip by the rings in the crevices of the hatch pattern and low spots

that could be what has stained the oil

how long have you run it

cxman said:
fresh build with new walls and a new rings has a lot of carbon will slip by the rings in the crevices of the hatch pattern and low spots

that could be what has stained the oil

how long have you run it
On and off less than an hour total just to check that things are working properly

Mine comes out darker than that after a single 1/4 mile run. Run it some more and see how it looks after a few hundred miles. Typically oil comes out almost black after a few thousand miles. Some of that is carbon, some is clutch plates and some is from parts slowly wearing and mating.

teazer said:
Mine comes out darker than that after a single 1/4 mile run. Run it some more and see how it looks after a few hundred miles. Typically oil comes out almost black after a few thousand miles. Some of that is carbon, some is clutch plates and some is from parts slowly wearing and mating.
Sounds good, thank you

Back
Top Bottom