Now the "Bennonda"

Swapmeet Louie

Put some metal in yer eye....
haha.. I had just posted a picof an ol' bike I had built my brother...weird..

Aaaaaaaaannnnnyway... Ya, the 2SR250R

Some of you ol' folk probably remeber (maybe not!) the VFR I was building for LSR when I had to bow-out from the hobby for a bit.

Well welcome the 2SR "two stroke". What Ive done is baically slapped a 1978 Bennelli 250 in it. Got all the adapter plates and spacers made. Now need to make the head-pipe fit the frame... or just make a new one.. working on the bodywork at this time...

The little motor is pretty standard for a 250 smoker when it comes to power (30bhp stock) but boast some neat little features that I think will make it extra snappy. Dellorto flat-slide carbs, some nice chamber's (though I'm not sure of the brand), electronic ignition, blah-blah-blah...

Anyway, in its previous form as a hopefull future LSR machine...

Where is is or has been going for the last week or so...

Thanks for looks peeps... It feels good to be posting again..

Graham

Re: 2SR the come back kid... (2 stroke Baby-ceptor if they woulda made one...)

I'm still not sold on the front fender... It gives a pretty bulky appearance to the street and doesnt look very nimble. I ended up sectioning the tail sect and removing 3" from the center to lean it up a bit. It was perfect for aerodynamics of LSR before. but like said about the fender. Didnt appear very nimble. next is to finish the glass work on the fairing. I like that I have a blank pallet for head light design after glassing in the headlight. the seat is one peice again. (the blue strip down the middle was tape holding together for mock up purposes...

Did some more glass work. Well, trimming I suppose. Looks much more nimble and "light". I also did alittle frame work and raised the seat about 1 3/4". I dig!!! Alot!

need to mold it to the tank next!

Boy! Im not getting much love around here these days... Fuck it. this is more of just doccumenting the build for my self anyways. Thanks Mike D., Mike B, Mike C., Travis etc... I know you guys see my FB post. Lee where the hell you at bud.........?

I gotcha pimp. Haha...

Keep it up.

awe.... my hero...! Mike you da man.

I was messaging w/ our legend my pal and hero Bill Anderson (hoofhearted) today on FB and he renamed it... Called it a "Bennonda" hahaha... Im keeping it! mine! mine! MIIIIINE!!!!!!!!! lol....

bradj said:
We gonna water kool that whore or what

Thats what I've been squaken @ ya for foo! the frames already got bosses for a radiator (which I have+electric fan and thermostat) You get you demo to fly and Ill be sending you thse jugs this winter snuckums!

I dont know? I got the whole bike minus fiberglass from Boise Vintage cycle that my buddy Terry owns an he threw them in! like 15 yrs ago...

I did compare themeasurements, cone taper, diamete etc. w/ a online expasnion chamber progrm and they are pretty close to "ideal" for the desired rev limit of this motor. By rev limt I mean peak rpm able to still make power.

I know nothing about two-strokes but that bodywork is killer, and you're hilarious, so I'm in. Smoke if you got 'em

Progress has been pretty slow this last week. I've been pretty broke. But I did do a little more trimming and refining of the tail section. And finally got it mounted and secured. Going through it now and refining my motor mount adapter kit a bit now I know my measurements and what not are good and workable. Probably get back to some glass work (the fairing) soon. Was getting a little burnt on playing with that crap. This is where it stood as of testerday b4 I started fine tuning the motor mount adapter plates I made. Mostly just aesthetic type shit on the mounts/plates.

Fuck man, glad to see you're back. Thats looking nice for sure, and magnetos are awesome. Whats happening with your big twin project?

ProSimex said:
Fuck man, glad to see you're back. Thats looking nice for sure, and magnetos are awesome. Whats happening with your big twin project?

My big twin project I had to sell because of medical bills and no insurance... Weird huh.. Im on SSDI with no insurance? I dont get it either. Thanks for the welcome back bro. Feels good to be tinkering again. Now, hopefully I can ride the fucker when its done. lol...

Back
Top Bottom