'72 Benelli Tornado 650 cafe racer

thanks guys really good to share with you this project, I realize it's really beautiful. The Italian bikes are a great base for specimens cafe racer.
Now the cafe racer in Italy is returning heavily, I'm glad because I think this style of real motorcycle.
You are lucky, Gurd only website you have! We are all under construction, but I'm confident and I hope good!

I love the root-beer metal flake tank! Very 70's period paint! I wish more people appreciated this color, it looks fantastic in the sunlight and understated at the same time. Great bike, thanks for sharing.

Spending is a true paint, redo the problem and make it back in the saddle for hours with a black metallic paint and simple.
I have yet to find a craftsman.

I love it! I've been looking for one to ride stock here in the states, but they're not easy to find. Are there plenty to choose from over there?

everything in Italy is becoming more difficult. now they are few and cost a lot! then it's a mess to get spare parts!

Rare beauty. Benelli's are almost impossible to get hold of where I come from. I gotta tell you, you've made my day seeing this.

The funny thing is I was thinking of doing a "glitter black" paintjob on the Moto Guzzi I'm currently working on. You know, pushing that 70's thing, but in a new way.

That front brake drum is just amazing. :) Well done. Clearly a labour of love.

thanks so much, they are increasingly happy with this work,
this art to modify these motorcycles that have made the story is beautiful.
I send you 3 more photos.

Attachments

• dx.JPG
    dx.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 233
  • sup..JPG
    sup..JPG
    114 KB · Views: 236
tornado, that is absolutely something special. I would die a happy man if that was my bike. There's a great balance between traditional and more edgy elements, making it a very relevant machine for today. Love it.

Whats the next project? :)

I saw a four cylinder Benelli at the Daytona auction last year.... I wanted to bid on it but already bought a Ducati and didn't have any more room in the truck to bring it home. I think it went for less than $2000. Was a real nice bike also....... a little dirty but nice nevertheless.....

dewjantim said:
I saw a four cylinder Benelli at the Daytona auction last year.... I wanted to bid on it but already bought a Ducati and didn't have any more room in the truck to bring it home. I think it went for less than $2000. Was a real nice bike also....... a little dirty but nice nevertheless.....

Man I'm jealous! Was it running? Ugh. I would have put it on the front seat. :)
Hey, but when you've got like what, a dozen Ducati's, you've got to stay with what you know right? :)

WE! FINALLY the work is complete!
LAST alleviated.
This is the result!

Attachments

• BENELLI TORNADO 650.jpg
    BENELLI TORNADO 650.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 828
  • BENELLI TORNADO 650 (1).jpg
    BENELLI TORNADO 650 (1).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 432
  • BENELLI TORNADO 650 (2).JPG
    BENELLI TORNADO 650 (2).JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 3,997
  • BENELLI TORNADO 650 (3).jpg
    BENELLI TORNADO 650 (3).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 947
Outstanding design and workmanship, you've created a very stylish classic, well done.

Cheers,50gary

Back
Top Bottom