'72 CB350 Project: Georgia

Re: '72 CB350 Project: Georgia on my mind

2 things happened yesterday that I wasn't expecting when I was puting the front wheel back together. The first was that I used the front wheel spokes on the rear wheel. :( Since I had never done this before, I had no idea they were different. So off came the rear tire and tore the thing apart. Re-spoked the rear wheel and then moved onto the front. When I was putting the spokes on the front rim I noticed that the inner right holes on the hub were not chamfered. I put it all back together and it was fine. Later I posted something on here to see if anybody else's was the same way. I guess thats the way they are. They are all done now, and I can't wait until Monday morning to put them on the bike. (Will post pics later). Have a great July 4th weekend everyone! Oh ya, paint on the tank and seat should be done this coming week.

Re: '72 CB350 Project: Georgia

Haven't really had time to do anything lately. My family and I have had a really rough month since we lost mom (Georgia). This type of thing only pushes families closer together, and we will get through it. I am now dedicating this build in memory of my mom. I would appreciate any and all ideas/opinions as I want this now to be the best that I can do for her. I have been watching all your builds and have pulled many ideas from them.... thankyou. I am now in the process of painting and have found a little time to do some. My colors are cobalt blue with a cream stripe. Sorry no pictures but I will post some probably later today.

Still pluggin along. And it looks like I may just make it to 'Dream Cruise' deadline.(Dream Cruise takes place on Woodward Ave coming out of Detroit. Thousands participate) Installed my new shortened Motion Pro cables, painted the seat, tank and front light, put threadlock on everything and made sure everything is nice and tight. Next I will tackle the wiring. (I originally wired it and it was fine, but I knew I could do better ;) .) Sitll have little things to do, but I can do those as time goes on. And I found out that I am not a painter. Kudos to everyone that can do that, I just don't have the patience or creativity.
Here's a few pics in it's current state:
new34.jpg

new33.jpg

Well a few things happened that were unexpected. First of all, my tank broke at the lower seam allowing gas to drip everywhere. I caught it in time, so no damage. Then my battery took a shit but now I have to build a different battery box to except my older battery that is still good. Seat pad didn't offer much padding, so I'm changing that, clutch cable that was shortened doesn't work (need to shorten cable just a little more) and countershaft seal needed to be changed. It's always 1 step forward, 2 steps back with these things. I need to finish this so I can start restoring my CB200!

Well, live and learn I guess. The seat I made from a skateboard cracked, the old gas tank broke at the seam (I think because of the knee dents I did) and the license plate holder just wasn't strong enough. So after doing everything I've done to this bike, I'm now back to something of a stock looking bike, but with a few modifications. Here it is.... will paint the tank this winter, and I need to paint pipes and install my electronic ignition too.

bike.jpg

Back
Top Bottom