'72 CB350 rebuild. Help!

jason teamshralp

Been Around the Block
I finally started on my '72 CB350 that has been sitting in my garage for almost a year. Only thing I've done so for is strip the frame down to bare metal, and I built up a engine stand. Tonight I drained the oil to see how bad it was and... the drain plug was almost a 1/4 full of metal shavings! Awesome right! So my plans of a easy build are kind of out the window. I guess I'll be learning how to rebuild an engine. I have zero internal motor knowledge, so I will be asking plenty of questions on this forum as well as a couple others.

My first question is what kind of stuff do I need to look for?
What parts will I need (most likely) need to replace?

This bike will be a daily rider, and I usually stay in the fun zone of the throttle, but I'm no racer. Any and all tips are appreciated.

-Jason

Buy a haynes manual,(clymer your 2nd choice) leave it on top of the shitter tank,read it 3 or 4 times.purchase the proper tools,then ask the questions.Picture is worth a thousand words, post them if necessary

Yeah manuals a must for bathroom reading. get yourself some metric tools, sockets and such. Impact screw driver a must. Bag and label every thing take alot of pictures and actually read the manual dont just look at the pics(my downfall). Ask away and browse all the 350 builds in here everyone goes through the same questions and alot are repeated. Take her apart and start your list on what needs replacing.

Back
Top Bottom