WHY? Do guys build something that you really cant ride ???

227d7a4cfebfe65d144479c42fd5149d.jpg

brownbear said:
You all misunderstand what I am saying... I am not saying that a bone stock bike is not a good looking bike... only that times and taste changes. I just don't understand why people like 1fasgsxr have to down other people's taste in bikes and what they deem "good looking". You don't have to say anything at all if you don't like something... but if you do see something that may be dangerous... yeah speak up. And what do my post numbers have to do with anything? If an elite bike builder just came to this site you wouldn't be criticizing them. MOST (not all) would be hanging all over them.

The point of all sites like this is information, innovation and the sense of friendship. Not to make people feel like crap by making stupid comments.
...and you calling me a jackass with no sense of style is supposed to make me accept you with open arms..and dirt bike tires on the street is a dangerous thing...firestones are dangerous..bikes sitting too low is dangerous..I didnt misunderstand anything you said to and about me...I love all motorycles...just question stupid decisions.. If you wanna make more friends here dont start off calling people jackass..

brownbear said:
You all misunderstand what I am saying... I am not saying that a bone stock bike is not a good looking bike... only that times and taste changes. I just don't understand why people like 1fasgsxr have to down other people's taste in bikes and what they deem "good looking". You don't have to say anything at all if you don't like something... but if you do see something that may be dangerous... yeah speak up. And what do my post numbers have to do with anything? If an elite bike builder just came to this site you wouldn't be criticizing them. MOST (not all) would be hanging all over them.

The point of all sites like this is information, innovation and the sense of friendship. Not to make people feel like crap by making stupid comments.
He's not bashing looks alone. He is harping on building an unrideable bike because you think it looks cool.

I could build the coolest looking bike of all time, but if it's unrideable, it's nothing more than a paper weight.

Essentially, what good is good looking, if it doesn't function?

No Offence to you Wahvtec but this bike is POS

c8bcf9d86f22f7a1981745b5b14dec4b_zps6dmap1um.jpg

That can be made dirt cheap and was better off in stock shape......it looks cool because its lower and straight lined. The tires scare the crap out of me. And if some "elite" builder made it, who gives a rats ass. Its not that great

WahVTEC's point was that it is a POS. He was pointing out that it's touted as inspiration in a lot of these aesthetically driven function-be-damned build threads.

whoops.........i have a habit of just skimming through and selectively reading

Lets just all get a pint and enjoy the day

i don't know where y'all hail from but here in southern Ontario its a sweet sunny day AND Im cracking a cold one

Cheers

Kamn said:
i don't know where y'all hail from but here in southern Ontario its a sweet sunny day AND Im cracking a cold one

Cheers

its sunny but a little chilly here I cant wait to get out of work

It's been incredibly nice here in Dallas, just started raining though. Good day for whiskey sippin'.

I think if it works better then it looks better. For example I love rigids, not having to deal with chain tension and suspension settings that can go wrong(and you dont go very fast either which is functional - saves engine from wear+you get to see the sights), plus it fucking pulls in the Kwinnor (swedish for women) - my woman thinks im badass for riding a rigid and she thinks backpain is super manly.
Thats all i have to say about that really.

On a serious note, most chopper showbike cafe whatchacallit dont ride worth a damn, but its always been like that, not many out there who can improve on race proven tech really. Riding one is a calculated risk at best. I ride the worst, most unsafe junk considerable at times and it gives me greater joy than doing 300 on something perfect and essentially soulless. Although i like anime and i think of riding these things as riding some space age robot gunship. Only minus is they dont speak..

A few years ago I swapped with my brother in-law for a ride out, I went stupidly fast on his R6, it was so easy I really didn't enjoy it. He had a sweat on even though he couldn't keep up, but boy did he have a big smile when he stepped of my RD350LC.
Any bike with nice touches big or small that (when ridden) puts a smile on your face without a slipped disc in your back, is perfect in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen to that! If it makes you smile, ride it... An R6 is fun to rip through the gears and hit 150 like right now, and cruisen on a chopper through town with your ass inches from the rear tire and taking a whole intersection to do a u turn, well that makes me smile too. The best time I have riding around wisconsin is on a warm summer night on our rolling backroads and hitting a country taveren for a shorty. Never really get over 35-40 mph. To windy and to many Deer. Relaxing as it gets. I can do that with any tire, suspension or hell even a mini bike.

Back
Top Bottom