Are we losing viewership at DTT?

Where did you find that statistic about Syrian refugees Miffa? Not starting an argument here, just curious.

I never said politics don't matter. What I said was that most Americans could care less, and see very little effect. It was in response to someone saying they're glad they live in Canada. My point was that it's really not very different here. Money is bled all the same, it's just a matter of where and how. Americans don't vote. Our leaders are chosen by a system that was built when less than 10 percent of the population was educated. It's created a society filled with gluttonous apathy. Gerrymandering insures power structures remain constant and don't necessarily follow the lead of the majority. We're talking about a country where the majority has voted for presidents that don't get elected.

I keep bringing up WWI treaties because that's why we are in the boat we are in now. No western policies have much effect, except maybe to make things worse. That fact is that during the first 50 years of the 20th century, western powers redrew boundaries in Europe and the Middle East that made little consideration to centuries old cultural, religious and power structures. We created false governments. We stole power and gave it to Israel. We broke up one of the oldest civilizations in the world with a layman's knowledge of how it actually worked.

The irony here is we're again having lengthy conversations about the needs and demands of the British. All the mess in the Middle East and Asia is direct result of the glorious Magnates of the British and French.

deviant said:
I never said politics don't matter. What I said was that most Americans could care less, and see very little effect. It was in response to someone saying they're glad they live in Canada. My point was that it's really not very different here. Money is bled all the same, it's just a matter of where and how. Americans don't vote. Our leaders are chosen by a system that was built when less than 10 percent of the population was educated. It's created a society filled with gluttonous apathy. Gerrymandering insures power structures remain constant and don't necessarily follow the lead of the majority. We're talking about a country where the majority has voted for presidents that don't get elected.

I keep bringing up WWI treaties because that's why we are in the boat we are in now. No western policies have much effect, except maybe to make things worse. That fact is that during the first 50 years of the 20th century, western powers redrew boundaries in Europe and the Middle East that made little consideration to centuries old cultural, religious and power structures. We created false governments. We stole power and gave it to Israel. We broke up one of the oldest civilizations in the world with a layman's knowledge of how it actually worked.

The irony here is we're again having lengthy conversations about the needs and demands of the British. All the mess in the Middle East and Asia is direct result of the glorious Magnates of the British and French.

That is what caused the Trump anger management movement... people don't want Trump, they want real change, not a penny after ordering McNuggets, they want real chicken in the nugget

Like the man said.... 10 years of suffrage is worth a century of prosperity real prosperity.... God Bless America!!....One more time.

So what do we as a global community do with all of the Syrians? Send them back to fight in a multi faceted civil war? How will Syria pay for them to be outfitted with weapons, food, etc? Where will they live? Who will they actually end up being controlled by once "back home"?

I'm not saying the refugee situation is being handled well at the moment. I don't believe that permanently relocating them all to other countries is the best answer. But that said, what CAN we do than?

Honest question.

Those refugee numbers are irrelevant since they were taken in 1999, 3 years before 9/11. The number that is scary if the same today is 72% male, what percentage of those are possible ISIS plants?

o1marc said:
Those refugee numbers are irrelevant since they were taken in 1999, 3 years before 9/11. The number that is scary if the same today is 72% male, what percentage of those are possible ISIS plants?
I don't think any of them are plants. That's just silly. They're human beings. Sure they may be dark, but they're not green. Plants need chloroform to respirate and turn sunlight into glue coals. Stupidest thing I've read all day.

We are experiencing the most peaceful time in recent history. There isn't a single large scale war waged by a large scale nation. Toddlers kill more people in the U.S. than terrorists do. Send the toddlers to Guantamo!

miffa said:
VonYinzer

it was an approximation on my part ,and my post was wrong sorry ,the actual figure is 13% of Syrian refugees are women

this may help it gives a full breakdown ,the statistics are from United Nations

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/heres-one-fact-dismantles-syrian-refugee-myth/

Actually old son, that 13% appears to be SERBIAN's in 1999. Not Syrians and not 2015 data. According to the chart you posted a link to.

And according to http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/regional.php , it's 51% males, 49% females.

So if we want facts on which to base a decision as important as who gets to "lead", it would be really useful if we were looking at facts and not a screenprint from a right wing political organization.

What's that old saying about lies, damn lies and statistics. It is hard to get to the truth though all the misinformation on the web and spewed by politicians including Trump who is now a politician as a well as a "reality TV personality". Not sure any of them could lie straight in bed.

Sav0r said:
We are experiencing the most peaceful time in recent history. There isn't a single large scale war waged by a large scale nation. Toddlers kill more people in the U.S. than terrorists do. Send the toddlers to Guantamo!

Guns don't kill people, toddlers kill people. I don't think that's going to fly as a political slogan, but why not......

snmavridis said:
I don't think any of them are plants. That's just silly. They're human beings. Sure they may be dark, but they're not green. Plants need chloroform to respirate and turn sunlight into glue coals. Stupidest thing I've read all day.

About time someone started talking sense!

Crazy

Tune-A-Fish said:
Herea a plan... fuck em all shut the door and let then figure it out :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Most toddlers can't even reach the door knob so I doubt we will even have to lock the door! Easy peasy!

teazer said:
Actually old son, that 13% appears to be SERBIAN's in 1999. Not Syrians and not 2015 data. According to the chart you posted a link to.

And according to http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/regional.php , it's 51% males, 49% females.

So if we want facts on which to base a decision as important as who gets to "lead", it would be really useful if we were looking at facts and not a screenprint from a right wing political organization.

What's that old saying about lies, damn lies and statistics. It is hard to get to the truth though all the misinformation on the web and spewed by politicians including Trump who is now a politician as a well as a "reality TV personality". Not sure any of them could lie straight in bed.
So refreshing to see an argument with sources cited.

:)

Attachments

• svtkDN6kZ2Nl.jpg
    svtkDN6kZ2Nl.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 603
Back
Top Bottom