cl360 lights flickering

sancho

Hello everyone,

I have a strange issue that I've been trying to figure out. Pretty much all my lights flicker in synch with rpm. It all started with my tail light flickering at idle, but now pretty much all of my lights including turn signals are doing it. When the bike is idling at low rpm the flickering is very noticeable, and when you rev up the flickering gets faster and faster until you can't tell its flickering. What do you guys thinks is going on? I check all my connections, they seem fine, including all grounds.

The bike is a pretty stock 75 CL360 that I've been riding as a daily rider pretty consistently for about 3 years now, put on a lot of miles. The wiring harness is supposedly stock and I have SparkMoto rectifier regulator that I installed about two years ago. It has worked wonderfully. Haven't had battery failure in two years. Voltage reads consistently at 13.5 at idle and 14 something revving, never goes above 15. Haven't had charging or starting issues at all. Changed my tail light bulb to LED and the flickering became very very noticeable compared with regular bulb. I read somewhere that the LED bulbs pick up electrical charge from coils and resistor caps are recommended. So I installed them and saw no difference. Now the flickering has gotten worse and my headlight is starting to flicker at stop lights. Also my turn signals flash at a normal rate at idle but when I am on the highway or riding at higher RPM the turn signals flash at a very very high rate. Sometimes they seem like they are not flashing at all.

What could be causing all of this? Any or all comments recommendations and advice is welcome! Thank you all in advance!

Back
Top Bottom