pyro139

1981 cb650c
finaly got tank and seat here they are sitting on frame
1352637227_d5864164dc_o.jpg

1353525660_4e23cc2088_o.jpg

1353525472_e3764945ca_o.jpg

1352637009_869648ffc2_o.jpg

what people think so far?

What happened between the last two pics? Seat is too low in the last one. Looks like a nice fit all-round.

Tintin said:
What happened between the last two pics? Seat is too low in the last one. Looks like a nice fit all-round.
second last pic forgot remove fender and tail light so seat was proped ontop of tail light making it higher than realy is.
once i make seat mounts can adjust it to height i need may need reinforce the fiber glass to take stress

need advice these three tail styles am thinking on
BMWflattracker.jpg

cafeduc916.jpg

carpy-cafe-in-drive.JPG

number 1 is my fave but may be hardest, and yes 3 is one of carpy's

ya three is probal;y best for tank style, if i could get a good 650 tank then 1 would be best, 650 has a fat tear drop tank.

DAMN.. THat tank is beautiful!!... You should slam that front end and raise the back end a bit to give it more of a rake in the front.
It would make it less "cruiser" looking...

locOleoN said:
DAMN.. THat tank is beautiful!!... You should slam that front end and raise the back end a bit to give it more of a rake in the front.

Thats what I want to do with my 650. Pyro told me how to slam the front, but Im not sure how to raise the back. Do you know of a good after-market shock that will fit cb650?

Will McD said:
Thats what I want to do with my 650. Pyro told me how to slam the front, but Im not sure how to raise the back. Do you know of a good after-market shock that will fit cb650?

How about a cb750 rear shock? Im not sure what the stock height of the cb650 shock but the cb750 is about 13.5 inches from eye to clevis.
Id just look for a stock honda shock for a heavier bike like a goldwing or something...

locOleoN said:
How about a cb750 rear shock? Im not sure what the stock height of the cb650 shock but the cb750 is about 13.5 inches from eye to clevis.
Id just look for a stock honda shock for a heavier bike like a goldwing or something...
650 is same as 750 , now 900's i believe where 14 inch.

locOleoN said:
the tank has one slight prob but not major, it slightly longer than back bone but since back bone goes straight into seat area not major, but leaves me with descision shorten tank or shyorten seat area of seat, seat will still have anough sitting area, but if shorten tank can still switch to the two up stock seat when needed
and since tank and seat are firber glass, both mods would be easy since i have a large supply of fiber over estemated on another project i was working on.

just weld on another tank mount for the fiberglass tank and keep the stock on, so that you can still use the old tank if you ever decided to put it back to stock. Just trim the seating area.

locOleoN said:
just weld on another tank mount for the fiberglass tank and keep the stock on, so that you can still use the old tank if you ever decided to put it back to stock. Just trim the seating area.
hard weld a mount to my battery :D tank comes back to middle of battery, i can use a under tank strap system like custom choppers to to install tank thats atctualy what system tank uses, and the tunnel width perfectly hugs the back bone mounting gomets so dosent move.
front end is this mornings task, cause problem wasnt break pads, problem was when i put on stock fork ears didnt get forks alligned right cause wheel be un aligned and putting tension on rotors, damnd dual break set up.
so might as well drop front while at it, lucky 650 unlike other cb's can drop forks with normal bars dont need go clipons

Sweet.

As for the seat - I'd say the easiest mod for the seat you have ther eis to go with number 1, without the ugly inner fender they have on there.
Would look cool too- not much modification... maybe cut the frame a couple inches, or just make a plate mount to go across the remaining frame if you don't wanna cut it.

Then again, I don't know what the frame is like on our bike... i was just thinking of how it would work on my bike. lol.

grr having prob allighning front end and getting breaks sert may have rebuild them :eek:
some one with airgun, more muscle than me, or a heavy tourque wrench want come over and get damed forks and wheel off for me :-\

Hey bro you can get that H2 seat (the Carpy one) off of Air-tech's site (www.airtech-streamlining.com) they also have a wide assortment of seats (box and bubbles both) and different variants in sizes. They also have a TON of glass tanks to choose from. The seats are fairly cheap, but the tanks will cost a bit.

Back
Top Bottom