1975 Honda CB200T restoration- mostly original, less than 4k km!

canuk eh

Hey guy
First post on any forum whatsoever, finally found something to nerd out about!

I just bought this minty 1975 CB200T, with less than 4000km on it(2500 miles). First bike ever, don't even have my bike license yet.
Before you ask, she starts up first kick every time, even when cold as hell(I live in winnipeg), does't leak a drop of oil and, with the exception of the handlebars and exhaust, is 100% factory original(I'm tracking those down as we speak). I really like the handlebars it has now(as pictured), although I'm going to get them chromed.

Now to get to the point. Although it work as good as new, i would like to replace the plugs with something new, mostly to reduce carbon buildup, get a cleaner burn etc, but also to save the originals.

I'm also looking into getting original style chrome exhaust, sans-baffles. The current exhaust sounds amazing, but looks goofy, and has a dent in it from the kick starter because the last goof who installed it didn't do a good enough job and made it too high. He also welded it without putting any kind of protective coating on it, which means its all rusty and the welds look like little pebbles instead of a stack of dimes. Needless to say, they need to go.

Third thing is an LED style ignition system instead of the current points style, for really good reliability and low maintenance, but i don't know the first thing about them.

Lastly, the battery. It's 100% fine, but I would love to shove a lithium ion under the seat, not sure if its worth it

Of course, there are a few more niggles and tidbits I want to tweak in the future, but ill deal with them all later. Any suggestions/comments are fully welcomed and fully encouraged here, so let loose!

canuk

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    609.3 KB · Views: 280
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 315
saw this bike for sale, guess you grabbed it before I could. When you planning on going for your safety course?

sweet bike dude! Few things; change the oil and set the valves. highrevvers like that.

exposed: i wish i could say im sorry about that but im really not lol me and my buddy are booked up for the first 6-10 course of the year, april 22-27. are you booked yet, of still waiting?

bert jan: thanks man like i said, any advice is totally welcomed. would you happen to know any good sites to find this stuff on? as for the oil, im going to run some serious seafoam through the carbs to clean it up before i swap the oil. what do you do for intervals?

Still need to book mine. Have you ever driven a bike before, or will the course be the first time for you?

i have. my buddy's ktm 450 four stroke with a few race mods. it didn't go well, so im doing the 21 hour course. dude you gotta get in there now, or you wont get booked till late may or june. i booked mine in february

Back
Top Bottom