Post a pic of your latest purchase

Walked into a dealer to get a price on a rear tire for my KZ and I "walked out" with a 2011 Speed Triple with 3,050 miles on it

10516652_10103887185905218_5133624520036738066_n.jpg

JustinLonghorn said:

1975 apache Ramada hard side pop up camper.

This thing is rad. How much does it weigh? I love the fact there is no canvas to rot and leak. I wonder if I could pull it with my POS X-Trail it is raed at 2200lbs tow and 250 lbs tongue weight.

treitz said:
I found a complete modern front end that I wanted to buy for my XS850 build (pictures to come). But in order to afford it, I sold my KZ400 and picked up a cheaper DD. Put the rest of the money into the 850 build.

Never been a big fan of mid-late 70's bikes... but for some reason this one called me name. Plus it was pretty damn cheap.

So here's the new DD.

1984 VF750F

I am seriously jealous of how clean that 750 is. I've been busting my ass on mine, and it won't look half as clean as yours when it is done :p

They multiply. Instead of $6k almost a motorcycle, I purchased a $3k almost a motorcycle. This is part of my plan to build my wife's tolerance towards a new ~700cc bike. Also hoping for more reliable ride. Oh yeah...it's a 08 Suzuki GS500.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 222
Oj, where's the fairing? Keep the valves in spec, and the oil full on the GS and it will run forever. There's a mod on the GSTwins site that put 180,000 miles on two GS500's with minimal issues.

Picked this up Sunday...
photo_zpsf9a10b29.jpg

It was basically a birthday/anniversary present from the wife.
I mentioned about two months ago that HF had this box on sale, and that I'd likely need more tool storage after my haul from Army Surplus.
She remembered and gave me a Gift Card with the exact amount for the box.
There may be hope for her yet :p

treitz said:
I found a complete modern front end that I wanted to buy for my XS850 build (pictures to come). But in order to afford it, I sold my KZ400 and picked up a cheaper DD. Put the rest of the money into the 850 build.

Never been a big fan of mid-late 70's bikes... but for some reason this one called me name. Plus it was pretty damn cheap.

So here's the new DD.

1984 VF750F

I have virtually that same bike, but mine is the tarfiff-busting 700cc model and it also has the full lowers on it. Great old bike.

OJ said:
It's a GS500E, so no fairing. F-version has the fairing.

Ah.....you're not in the USA than. The E was replaced altogether by the F model in the States.

Either way, great bike!

Redbird said:
Picked this up Sunday...
photo_zpsf9a10b29.jpg

It was basically a birthday/anniversary present from the wife.
I mentioned about two months ago that HF had this box on sale, and that I'd likely need more tool storage after my haul from Army Surplus.
She remembered and gave me a Gift Card with the exact amount for the box.
There may be hope for her yet :p

I wish I had enough tools to justify buying one of these :'(

Bought me a helmet for the Harley Sportster, and another for the Rice Grinders. ;) Dang it! the picture was vertical when I posted it.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    648.3 KB · Views: 221
Sonreir said:
How do you think you get enough tools if you don't have a place to put them? :D

Haha I have all of my tools in a hand held toolbox that I keep in my truck, and carry back and forth to my garage. I think it weighs about 40lbs, and is my only form of exercise ;D

Picked up a few things and sold one before I had it on the trailer to a buddy for what I paid

Attachments

• photo 1-1.JPG
    photo 1-1.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 464
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 463
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 458
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG