lets see your patches :-)

modifiedamerican

Been Around the Block
ill post my pics tonight. got my first motorcycle about 2 months ago and just got my first jacket so i had to get some cool patches for it.lol. had to get dtt patch. dime city cycles patch. sparrows to take me home when im lost, and a kawasaki patch since i have a kz750. pics will be up tonight!

I've got 15 in the post headed my way right now, and i just got this one from Michael Woulfe today.
imgp1831i.jpg

They'll all be going on my blue TT Leathers if no one buys it before the other patches arrive.
imgp1802.jpg

imgp1800y.jpg

I've had all of mine sewn on by the local shoe repair shop. 3-5$ depending on size.
100_3411.jpg

100_3415.jpg

The jacket is an old Hein Gericke.

I dont have a pic yet but some of my patches are sewn on (at a local saddle makers) but mostly I prefer to do it my self with glue and studs.

Firstly I glue the patch in place with rubber cement (comes in tins from Lowes) and then I press the stud in place where it is going to go. Then using the marks left by the pins I use a hammer and awl to make holes in the jacket and then press the stud in place and bend the pins over. Usually I have one pin through the patch and leather and one pin through the leather outside the edge of the patch so the stud holds the patch in place. I vary the number of studs depending on the size of the patch. I forgot to mention that I use a block of wood as well!
I'll try to get some pics up when I get home. (Away on business at the moment)

I finally got a few sewn onto some denim of mine.

scaled.php

scaled.php

Still need to figure out what to do with the rest.. I think i went a bit overboard on the patches..

scaled.php

Where are you guys getting the patches from? Any certain website? I want to get an old STP, Castrol, and NGK and maybe a few punk band patches for my jacket without getting from 4 different sites.

No offense, but isn't putting a "Rockers" patch on your jacket like wearing a T-Shirt that says "Punk"? Or putting "Cafe Racer" on your motorcycle (hopefully in either ugly Old English lettering or the Norton font)? It seems a little bit odd to me. It seems like if you are these things, you shouldn't need to explicitly spell it out.

Here's mine from Mike Woulfe leathers that I won from Barber's last year. It's by far my favorite jacket.

PC121854.jpg

PC121852.jpg

PC121851.jpg

PC121849.jpg

PC121848.jpg

PC121842.jpg

PC121841.jpg

PC121843.jpg

PC121840.jpg

Back
Top Bottom