1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project

ok, scared me... with all the work we have done not clearing this i wanted to double check, just got off the line wiht the tech support dept for PBTP and for no reason would this require a clear.

there are however exceptions to the rule, best bet is to go by the manufacture requirements. * just wanted to add that

here she is reincarnated. going to prob change out the rear fender and handlebars soon... went for the worn vintage look, i dig it :)

DSC03280.jpg

DSC03281.jpg

i like dove tails so i dig the rear fender but the bars do not fit the bike at all! plus the ride possitons must be like a crushed grape... have you tried to flip the bars over and use them that way? I would also rub them ith some steel wool or hit them with paint as that is the only shiny chrome i see, looking to be almost done!

Bike looks great but I gotta agreethe bars need to be dulled down a bit . They take away from the rest of the bike

yeah these are temporary as stated in my above post, gonna run some black low rise bars... thanks for the feedback.

Damn, there's soooooo much inspiration in this thread that I want to apply to my wifes 2fitty Rebel ;D

Coupla questions...
How did you remount the gauge panel with the new risers?
Did you rejet with the pod filter/cut exhaust? If so, what size main? If not, any issues idling/running/etc.?
Did you have to cut/splice any of the wiring to stuff it under the tank?

Well heres a couple of new pics of some of the parts ive thrown on.... As you can tell im still working on it and headed in another direction, AGAIN! lol... You can see the fork gaitors, new throttle without switches, blue fuel line peaking out, grips are on the narrowed bars, and i got my kick start lever on there! i like the way its coming together so far. Cut the bars to 25" which is also the width of the foot pegs. Really dig how narrow it is, like that front view . Really thinkin a narrow 21" front wheel tire combo would set it off.

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03820.jpg

Cool, I thought this thread was a gonner. I have a Rebel also, I dig what you have going on here. What tank is that? Certainly not stock.

Well, it looks good. Was it hard to fit to the frame? I removed my airbox as well. Did you go up a size on the jets?

Fit the frame pretty well actually! Took measurements before i settled on a tank, it all worked out. As far as jetting i havent run the bike enough to get that all sorted, im expecting to make some minor adjustments though..

I removed my airbox and used an Emgo pod filter. It runs alright but it's hard to get started. Not sure if I have some kind of vaccum leak or if I need to go up a size on the pilot jet.

Im baaaaaack! haha, still working on her in between riding. Love this little project, always changing! :)

DSC04039-1.jpg

DSC04041-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom