www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)  (Read 271793 times)

Offline kadavenport

Re: Yet another CB360 ( or two?)
« Reply #30 on: Nov 24, 2009, 07:39:25 »
Would like a 'real' one but cant afford/justify $1,500~ $2,000+ for rotary table ( hell, I'd like a good/large lathe, Bridgeport and a 5 axis CNC  :D)

Sounds like a Christmas wishlist. Did ur mill come from harbor freight too? I looked at one there, but I didn't know if it was worth messing with. Its been hit or miss with stuff I've bought from hf.

Offline kadavenport

« Reply #31 on: Nov 24, 2009, 19:21:30 »
Thanks for the info. Yea never done machining before so I'd have no clue on limitations. Now I've gotta talk the wife into letting another tool in the garage to put next to welder, torches, grinders, and the couch (long story).

Offline diesel450

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • "Fast with a past"
« Reply #32 on: Nov 24, 2009, 21:33:01 »
I've got a drill press thats been hiding under a drop cloth for almost a year now.  8) where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Kanticoy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Mad Science!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 24, 2009, 22:53:15 »
I've got a drill press thats been hiding under a drop cloth for almost a year now.  8) where there's a will, there's a way.

^^^Bahahaha^^^^

And I have at least 3 bikes that the wife doesn't know about....basket cases sure....but 3 bikes.
I get not knowing, but I can't for the life of me understand not trying. It's only metal it can be fixed. Man up and risk a mistake in exchange for a lesson.
'

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 25, 2009, 13:41:02 »
Best 'toy' I picked up was DRO setups for the big mill and lathe.
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #35 on: Nov 26, 2009, 21:13:37 »
got to do a little bit, wife just wanted me to stay out of her way while cooking  ;D
 Rocan was asking about polishing top yoke so I did some work on mine (and bottom yoke got some 'treatment'  ;))
 Heres what it looked like when I started

back view showing parting  line, I drilled and tapped boss for steering damper

Cut off steering lock and spent  a bunch of time with angle grinder then a lot of time with files and emery cloth

Heres the back side, almost finished

Modified top yoke as well, cut of instrument mounts, can use handlebar holes with tube nuts for speedo/rev counterand possibly fit LED inside tube nut?

Showing why you cant go dirctly from 240 grit to polishing, its shiny but all the scratches are visible (wifes friends husband was impressed, until he had it explained, ooh, shiny  ::))
 Its got to have a lot more going over with finer emery cloth before being polished

This is the 4th one so far, 2 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha, first '360'
 Lot of people may wonder why I jump around with parts and pieces so much?
 I'm working on whatever part I pick up, what I feel like doing or, have some time to 'play' with.
 Its all got to be done so doesnt matter where I am as long as it all comes together at the end.
 I know where stuff goes and what it does so I dont have to do multiple builds and fits
 I do all my bikes like this, (when I decide to work on them, ;))
 so, its not an 'all out' build for me, just a 'normal' one

PJ 
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
I gave my girlfriend an orgasm the other night, but, she spat it back at me
 Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it  (Terry Pratchett)
CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline crazypj

« Reply #36 on: Nov 28, 2009, 14:58:59 »
Spokes arrived from Thailand (well, I got to pick them up from Post Office  ;))
 Flanged rim from eBay is going to take a lot of work, pretty corroded at base of flange.
Its fixable though.
Thinking of geting a drum brake instead of disc? (maybe both, mountings are same)
Still no title, guy says its in the mail so maybe next week?
 Called about front fender Wednesday, checked this morning, guy sold it to someone else  :(
PJ
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2009, 15:05:31 by crazypj »
 Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it  (Terry Pratchett)

Offline crazypj

« Reply #37 on: Nov 29, 2009, 13:25:54 »
Made a rather neat rev counter block off plug this morning.
 It can be fitted without removing worm drive from cam cover.
It's on the 'dyno bike' in pic but is going to a member here.
 Probably wont be making any more as I cant make them quick enough to be economically viable
Even though its a simple job, I'm not set up for production work, one off's always cost 'more'

PJ

Offline crazypj

« Reply #38 on: Dec 02, 2009, 21:28:39 »
Been working double shift so cant do anything much at present, getting up 5:00am and getting home 7:15~ pm is a long day.
 Still don't have title for frame I bought in October  >:(
Pic of cam and cam sprocket, cam is stock, sprocket isn't  ;D
 been working on XS800 more than CB378, plus, a few other things have been taking up my time. hopefully get something done this weekend (finish doubles Friday)  :D
PJ
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2009, 21:30:16 by crazypj »

Offline Rocan

• "Long after I rest, my steel will live on"
« Reply #39 on: Dec 02, 2009, 21:41:54 »
looking good!

custom cam sprocket or aftermarket? ;D
PJ- Cafe's don't really work right until you get rolling 70mph +

Honda CB350 Project- www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=8643.0

Honda C100 Restoration- www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=38653.0