www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)  (Read 284535 times)

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
Re: Yet another CB360 ( or two?)
« Reply #70 on: Dec 27, 2009, 22:31:50 »
Lacing wheels is pretty easy, easier if you have something to look at for pattern (pictures work fine)
 You need close up of spoke grouping around valve hole it's important not to have angles overlap hole.
 Truing is where a degree of luck/skill comes in.
 Fix the up/down first then side/side ( I usually do whichever is worst first if its more than 1/8", then do as I previously said)
 You can use swing arm in vice instead of proper truing stand (I do)
 Couple of sticks to use as pointers works (rubber bands and chopsticks) although I use a 1" travel dial indicator inside rim where tyre fits, and down in the drop center for side/side.
You have to compensate for weld area though (on alloy rims DTI will mark polished surface, not a problem with chrome rims)
 I was watching TV while I built that one so it took longer than normal (about hour and half total, should have taken closer to 30mins but I'm out of practice)  ::)

PJ
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
I gave my girlfriend an orgasm the other night, but, she spat it back at me
 Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it  (Terry Pratchett)
CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline diesel450

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • "Fast with a past"
« Reply #71 on: Dec 27, 2009, 22:37:06 »
Swing arm in a vice is a great tip!

I used flat steel with adjustable nuts and bolts as the "feeler" for the rim.

Offline manchestermichael

• hello
« Reply #72 on: Dec 27, 2009, 22:53:24 »
really nice  tuch on the wheels thay look gr8  its all the small things that make a gr8 bike to me   :)  keep it up

Offline crazypj

« Reply #73 on: Jan 04, 2010, 22:54:11 »
Just bought a spare swing arm and rear hub off eBay, going to do some 'work' on them. (bronze bushings are the easy bit)  ;D
 nothing else happening (couple of boring jobs done and finally finished, small 'irritating' stuff, no pictures)
Quiet Christmas, didn't do much of anything.
 Christmas present from wife arrived today, new rotary table for mill. (ordered and paid for on 11th December, came from Tampa, about 80~100 miles away >:()
 Will have to make some fixtures so I can finish off handlebar clamps and I have some other plans  ;)
 Probably going to do a bunch on XS800 in next few weeks, itds been tagged and titled 2 yrs and still not finished  :-[
 Still working 6:00am til 6:15pm, with travel its a long day  ::)
Left hand seems to be getting worse since accident in early October, really putting a damper on things.
 Unusually cold weather in Florida is also slowing things down (probably why I'm hurting all over?)
 All for now, need to sleep

PJ

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 Itís not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you werenít doing it  (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #74 on: Jan 05, 2010, 00:35:59 »
Thanks for the update PJ. Sorry to hear about the schedule - I know it's tough to get anything done except sleep and eating.

But at least you got some of the small irritating stuff out of the way!

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #75 on: Jan 05, 2010, 13:23:52 »
Left hand seems to be getting worse since accident in early October, really putting a damper on things.
What happened? Accident? Shit man, we may butt heads on occasion but I hate to hear of any brother eating pavement.

Unusually cold weather in Florida is also slowing things down (probably why I'm hurting all over?)

Wait.....no....really........they have that there? What constitutes 'cold'? Didn't hit 70 yesterday? Ha!
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

Offline crazypj

« Reply #76 on: Jan 06, 2010, 23:14:17 »
Hi Swagger,
 You'd probably like me if you knew me  ;D
I damaged nerves and tendons pull starting a Suzuki Ozark when it backfired (its a damn 250 atv)
Lot luckier than the other guy who got hurt, he dislocated shoulder.  :o
The electric start destroyed crankcase bosses but, no-one told me it backfired when trying to start it (until later-after I got hurt)
Still dont know cause, possibly faulty CDI running full advance, will have to get timing light on it sometime
Checked cam timing and flywheel key/keyway, all good.
 Everyone is afraid to go near it now  :D
 Its been close to freezing in Florida for about a week or more, run out of firewood (from trees I cut up during hurricanes in 2004  :o)
 I don't think it got up to 50f today and about 30~32 last night
 'We' are set up to loose heat so when it get 'cold' it feels real cold.
 Weather people are quite happy to tell you wind chill factor is going to make it feel like 20 degrees.
Mid 50's~70's is about normal temps this time of year.
 One good thing though, I should be back on single shifts at end of week so I only have to do 5:00am until 2:30pm fom next Monday

PJ
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2010, 02:07:44 by crazypj »

Offline crazypj

« Reply #77 on: Jan 07, 2010, 22:19:24 »
Rear hub turned up today.  8)
I got lucky, it has already been bead blasted and came complete with axle, brake plate and chain adjusters (axle nut is only thing missing and I'm sure I have one stashed)
I filed out the webs between fins already so its looking smoother
 Going to mark it up for drilling over weekend.
 Not sure what to do with sprocket carrier side, havent seen anything that looks good when its drilled/filed out.
 Thinking of machining some 'fins' onto it or cutting away betwen webs inteernally then fitting mesh?
 Problem is, when I start cutting, I'm commited to it. (I guess I can always buy another if I really mess up or don't like it?  ::))
 Already decided to 'skeleton' the brake plate, drilled some holes for guide to where the internal webs 'live'
 Anyone drilled rear hub? got pics? any links?

PJ

Offline crazypj

« Reply #78 on: Jan 10, 2010, 03:36:36 »
Swing arm arrived, its pretty rusty and dirty but I don't think its going to be too much of a problem
 Been too cold to do anything, below freezing all day (must be, there is ice in the crevices in/on trees next to house)
 definitely not set up for this weather.
 Went to doctors yesterday
 I'm officially sick, blood pressure up around 144~150 over 88~103 plus I have bronchitis and bunch of antibiotics  :o
 Guess its the reason I've been totally exhausted.
 Good news though, I'm only doing single shift next week, plus I'm going to have a day off sick to get some tests done 8)
 Maybe I'll feel well enough to actually do something useful (particularly if weather gets about 55f  ;D)

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #79 on: Jan 10, 2010, 03:57:05 »
Geez Pj, I hate to sound like your doctor, but stay in bed and relax!

And in your free time help everybody out on here! Hint,hint....