CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

roflhat said:
Is there a noticeable change going from stock pistons to Gs850 pistons?

Absolutely. I would say there's probably a 15-20% increase in power. It's almost as if Honda designed the head for a bigger engine and then didn't change anything when they went with a smaller displacement.

Sonreir said:
Absolutely. I would say there's probably a 15-20% increase in power. It's almost as if Honda designed the head for a bigger engine and then didn't change anything when they went with a smaller displacement.

that much really? Going to look into this further. Anyone got links for more info on changing pistons? on other threads that have done this modification?
thanks

There are probably half a dozen of us here that have done it.

This one is in progress right now.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=70781.0

roflhat said:
that much really? Going to look into this further. Anyone got links for more info on changing pistons? on other threads that have done this modification?
thanks

PJ pretty well covers it in this thread and in one on, I believe, HondaTwins. Go back and go through the whole thing and it's all there.

roflhat said:
thanks

Deviant is doing it right now.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=70781.0

I guess anyone with a yahoo mail account has noticed the 'change password nagging due to security breach in 2014? about 500,000,000 accounts 'probably' compromised.
Anyway, I can't access any yahoo account at present so if you e-mail me don't expect a reply anytime soon. Yahoo seem to have 'shut down' customer service and only 'help' paying businesses, small business and majorones (they are complaining about ads on paid subscription, no wonder Yahoo management want to sell out to Verizon.) I managed to get an e-mail to them but the 'help' section is saying 'tough luck'. Guess I'll find out if they intend to do anything on Monday? 18yrs of using Yahoo just to get shit on :mad:

More a blog than related to motorcycles but I wanted everyone to know I'm still here.
Stepdaughter had a major meltdown last October, ended up calling police saying I attacked her......... case is up in court on 10th May.
She's 37 now so not a kid (although still act's like a 6yr old)
Wife and I have been looking after grandson since 9th Oct 2016, he was 11 months old when everything happened
He's a happy little chap and having a great time now (I spoil the heck out of him ;D )
It is pretty much a full time job though so everything has been put on back burner for a while.
We are really lucky living next door to a park with a playground, he's there every afternoon after daycare and I'm getting a chance to get stuff done.
Grandson is 18 months old now, learned to run and thinks it's great fun to play on 'the big kids' equipment over park, keeps doing 'gravity' experiments rolling soccer ball down the 'twirly whirly' slides then goes down after it. I have to use the stairs, lost almost 20lbs in less than 3 months (no, I'm not trying to lose weight)
Anyway, I'mmmm baaaaaaaaack 8) (sorta ;) )

Well PJ Life happens, glad your still around and kick'n, congrats on the grandson! He'll keep you young.

Not the 'correct' place to put this but at least it's better than in Texasstar's 'Zoid' thread
My favorite cat died Sunday night. Kat-Kat 2001(or 2002, no one knows?)~2017
The sweetest, funniest, most intelligent and arrogant (wrong word, should be 'ALOOF') cat I ever knew.
The first time he ever sat on my lap was after the elbow surgery when I was drugged up and feeling low, kinda knew and wanted to make things better
Years ago, he brought a family of racoon's home, the largest was probably 3ft tall. Looked like he invited them to supper (funny but a hell of a shock to see on patio) Stepdaughter said he herded ducklings back to their mother/water so they wouldn't end up in the roadway. More recently he watched over Jaxon and 'lured' him away from things (would flopdown about 2 ft away from him then move when Jaxon got close enough)
In 2012 he brought 'Pauli' home as a little white abandoned kitten (Pauli because she's polydactyl, 6 toes )
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/1crazypj/Mazda%20Pickup/KATZ/Kat-Kat-1.jpg
This is the last picture I uploaded to Photobucket, crashed out asleep with his eyes open (almost exactly how he looked when I found him Monday morning, I'm waiting for him to wake up :( :-[ )
Here's another from a few years ago, Kat-Kat didn't seem to mind Pauli stealing his food (her bowl is still full)
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/1crazypj/Mazda%20Pickup/KATZ/DSCN5488.jpg

Pauli saw him and I think wanted to wake him up? She took off screaming when she knew. (then terrorised a family of ducks near pond, think she killed a few ducklings?) Kat-kat always played tag with her and expended her extra energy.
She's calmed down a bit today and actually came inside for the first time in days

I am sorry for your loss mate. Kat-kat seems like a pretty awesome dude.

I hope you, Pauli and the rest of your family recover soon.

Sorry to hear about Kat-Kat. Though we have dogs, I'm really a cat person at heart so I can appreciate your pain. My last cat was Cole (he was jet black - Cole=coal). He was a great guy and got me through some tough times when I was living alone. Poor guy got diabetes at 13 years old and went from 18# to less than 10#. We knew when it was time to let him go.

Thanks everyone.
Had to think back on 'the good times'
He was with me through the lay off and when I found my back was totally screwed up.
One time, the little shit disappeared for 3 months, I was convinced something had got him. Then he turns up all 'what's the fuss?'
He often 'went missing' for a few weeks and a couple of days was 'normal' (even after he brought Pauli home)
He was much more of a 'stay at home last few years though (probably because he was 'getting on'?)
Still chased up and down trees until about 3~4 weeks ago.
Thinking about it, Pauli had similar symptoms for around 2~3 weeks but probably recovered OK as she is much younger? Kat -Kat went suddenly downhill, like 3 days total.
Last Thursday my granddaughter asked if he was a boy or girl cat because he looked pregnant? ('boy' but 'done' several years ago)
That reminds me of another story. The day he came back from vet, he shit on wife's pillow then went into stepdaughters room (she brought him home) and shit on her bed. Left all my stuff alone, I didn't even know he was 'being done' ;D
About the only 'positive' I can think of, I know exactly where he is now

mitch360 said:
hey guys, just wondering if there are any more speedo eliminators floating around. or where to find one

@crazypj is where I got mine. Don't know if he's still turning them in his spare time or not. if you can get the critical dimensions and make a sketch... a local machine shop (job shop) should be able to turn you one pretty quick. I'll add that you can also just cap off the speedo drive also and just turn the cable attachment part up behind the fork leg.. barely noticeable without looking for it...

I still have material to make them but I'm 'playing catch up' due to events last year (getting more serious, have to be in court as witness for 2 weeks from next Monday)
I have 4 sets of 360 carbs to do and a set of CB350 on the way plus cylinder head for someone due this month
As 'everyone' is aware (at least I hope so) I do all this stuff as a hobby so charge way less than a dealership or 'shadetree'/backstreet shop. Things are coming along but I'm not treating them as a full time job (see post on Texasstar's 'Zoid/200' thread)

I think I mentioned I was 'playing' with a friends T305?
Took just over 3 yrs to get it finished as it was never going to be any form of restoration. Problem was, whenever I fixed one problem several others came to light. It's been 'finished' since mid/early April but I only just ' found' camera card and had time to upload to Photobucket. (he's bringing it back sometime so I can modify a fender to fit it, stock wouldn't work with brace, even if we had one)
Here's left and right 3/4 shots. I made several parts including the Egli inspired fork brace. It got one size wider rims front and rear and just about everything new (bored 0.5mm over, bearings, seals,shocks, and a re-wire with heat shield sheathing (mainly because it matched the colour scheme) Chris had seat recovered after I modified it to fit properly (cut about 4" off 'nose')
Forgot to take a close up of the bar ends I made, 6 amber LED's in polycarbonate to act as repeaters.

Attachments

• 1968 T305-1.JPG
    1968 T305-1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 338
  • 1968 T305-3.JPG
    1968 T305-3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 341
  • 1968 T305-4.JPG
    1968 T305-4.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 337
  • 1968 T305-1.JPG
    1968 T305-1.JPG