Project oil slinger!

Nope not done yet!!!

She's in the process of getting a scratch built frame as we speak. I am taking progress shots, but am waiting to post them until the frame is mostly done. It's being done right, so I am taking my time. It will be TOTALLY different than anything you've ever seen though, I promise you that! There are some pretty expensive bits that I will need to finish her up though. I need 23" wheels. I am kind of letting the cat out of the bag, but Joe and I have talked about it, and I really want to go this route for the build. My two options are 23" front and rear wheels, or a 21" rear and a 23" front. Avon makes a 120 series tire in a 23 that I will be using, I just need the wheels. 23" rim with 40 spoke set up. As you can imagine, this wiil be killer expensive, but it's what I want, so I'm doing it! So keep your eyes out for parts.

Hmmm... 23" 40 spoke... I bet some of my buddys vintage HD/Indian club guys may know of something... Ill shake that tree and see what falls out.

I am lovin your wheel choice. I have toying over in my mind of doing a low sleek chopper with 21" front and rear, I have even started to sketch an idea out. I am looking forward to seeing your build. A must follow!

going for something a little like this? oh yeah!! ;D

they look about 23 to me

IMG_2460.JPG

Hell yeah Brethren! That is incredible! That's a very awesome looking trumpy. One of my main inspirations is the Cook Customs bikes. I'm sure you've seen them:

The%20Nickel%20Bike%20%201.jpg

I am fabricating my own forks, etc. It may be a long winded project, but for sure a cool one!

Cooks customs has some amazing bikes. I like their wheel/brake setup but man is it pricey.

I really like this one:
cookcustonchoppers.com/gd.htm

Kiley, I love the swooping lines of the fram at the tail where the hard mount is for the axle vs. the normal hoop that almost all hardtails have. Please tell me your frame will borrow some of these lines! They are sexy!

Suspense is killing me! Can't wait to see what you come up with, those inspiration bikes are wild. :eek:

GAWDDAMMIT!

Well crap.....I've been saving parts up for my uhh...bobber/roadster/boardtracker/don't give two shits about labels build.
Part of that has been a quest for matching 64 spoke 21" wheels. Hehe....looks like it's not all that unusual anymore.

Can't wait to see how this goes though having watched Gretta take shape.

run a sprocket brake system in back... that is what i used on my brohters chop an it was super easy, hell that is what your scoot comes stock wiht if i am not mistaken, get the hooop and lace it

Brings up a question I've wondered about but never looked into.....

With a sprocket/brake combination...how does one lube the chain without fouling the brake pads? I assume there's a method......

we use a high quality o ring chain (the kind that "never needs lube") BLAH, i still use a no fling lube on it every few weeks. other than that the oil does not really get on the pads to be honest...

JRK5892 said:
we use a high quality o ring chain (the kind that "never needs lube") BLAH, i still use a no fling lube on it every few weeks. other than that the oil does not really get on the pads to be honest...

Sweeeeeet! (and sorry to much up Kiley's thread)
Do you have one in particular that you like? I've seen a few but I dunno what's good in the Harley market.....

On mikes bike we used a Excile set up... but DNA makes some nice ones as well and they are a bit less coin, we wanted the sprocket to match the wheels, so the closest we found to the gladiator wheels was excile... he was always nice to work with as well and helped us out while we where have ing some spacing issues and clearance problems on the chain

Back
Top Bottom