71 cb175 (shes alive)

Re: 71 cb175

Just got some bridgestone rubber put on. 90/90 fronts and 90/100 rears, tires seem real sticky and have a good look. Im excited to have a rolling chassis again, should help speed things along.
securedownload-3.jpg

Slight change of gears with the tank. Got a really good deal on CB160 tank so I couldnt pass it up. Ive always been a big fan of these and I gotta say I love the way it looks. Mounting it took a little pounding and had to weld some new tabs, but im happy with how it came out. Also finished mounting the wheels and pipes and mocked the rest of the bike up. Still working on the seat but have an idea in mind, and im also going back n forth on weather or not I want to keep the clubmans or get clip ons. Any suggestions?
securedownload-3-1.jpg

securedownload-1-2.jpg
securedownload-4-1.jpg

Clip ons????
securedownload-4.jpg

sweet tank. Dang I want one. Id say clipons. The tank really bulks up the front end. Get some low clipon action. Youll probably wanna drop the speedo a bit if you switch

Naw, lose the tank. Matter of fact, I'll be kind enough to trade you a CL175 tank for that ;)

Looking good man! Really working well together.

Curbcast said:
sweet tank. Dang I want one. Id say clipons. The tank really bulks up the front end. Get some low clipon action. Youll probably wanna drop the speedo a bit if you switch

Im leaning in that direction. I flipped the stock tack plate over and it dropped to speedo a bit but Im gonna need to make one that sits much lower.

Update.......Got off work early today and decide to get to work. Got a lot done, and im pretty happy with how everything came out. I received a set of wood works clipons i ordered from Revzilla.com. I also got a set of new headset bearings. So heres what I got done today.

Mounted the clipons......
IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Bent out my kick start to clear my rear sets
IMG_0260.jpg

Finished making a rear mount bracket for my tank
IMG_0263.jpg

And finally built a battery and cable box......
IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

Still got a lot of work to do but real happy with how its coming along.

Looking good so far man. Is it just me, or do your clipons seem real long?

-Max- said:
Got a really good deal on CB160 tank so I couldnt pass it up. Ive always been a big fan of these and I gotta say I love the way it looks.
securedownload-4.jpg

That is an awesome tank. I love the patina on that thing - one of the best I've seen here. Don't you dare touch it :eek:

You'll love those BT45s too, but it looks like you have two fronts fitted??

ian

Im rocking woodcrafts as well. They look long, you should cheat them up a bit in the clamp. I have like 1.5 inches excess out the front (comprend pa?)

The bars are designed for larger bike, you really don't need them that wide on 175. (unless your motocrossing ;D)
I would pop end cap and cut them down to at least 26" overall tip to tip (probably closer to 22", my 'minimum' measurement) I have had bars as narrow as 19" on a Honda 175 twin
Usually have just enough space to fit controls with a tiny bit in case I need to make adjustments.
If you want 'correct' measurement, how wide are your shoulders? (stand up straight, shoulders back :D) +/- 2", that's close to where you would be for racing.

PJ

crazypj said:
The bars are designed for larger bike, you really don't need them that wide on 175. (unless your motocrossing ;D)
I would pop end cap and cut them down to at least 26" overall tip to tip (probably closer to 22", my 'minimum' measurement) I have had bars as narrow as 19" on a Honda 175 twin
Usually have just enough space to fit controls with a tiny bit in case I need to make adjustments.
If you want 'correct' measurement, how wide are your shoulders? (stand up straight, shoulders back :D) +/- 2", that's close to where you would be for racing.

PJ

Im Waiting till I mount the controls to chop them up, no way Im gonna rock them that long. And to Bike boy, yeah I lucked out with this tank, its flawless, and I do have two fronts mounted. the rear is mounted backward.

Harbor freight had a sale today so I picked up some things I needed....Among those was a sonic cleaner. Gave my carbs a cleaning and i think they came out pretty good.
Before
tn.jpg

After
securedownload-7.jpg

Finally got started on my seat. Really liking how its coming out, i plan on wrapping the whole thing so it will hide my awesome welding skills ::)
securedownload-1-3.jpg

securedownload-2-2.jpg

And i got some grips for my bars.....finally.

So I was toying around with the idea of painting some white wall...what do you guys think?
walls.jpg

I like it dude for sure. I like the front shock & rear painted where you have it shown too.

Seriously cool! With that tank it looks tops! Tuxedo class

Back
Top Bottom