1971 SX650 Service Manual

Fabricator

Anyone have one they want to part with? I found the free one online but it's for the older models. The one I need covers 1970-1983 I believe. If no one has one they want to sell what would be my best bet for a shop that would stock one? Thanks guys.

We're talking about the 1971 Yamaha XS650? If so I have the original manual here. You're welcome to take a photocopy of it or better yet scan it. That was my plan so I could post it here for download. I bought it on eBay and have used it for reference. My engine is a 1978, but the basics are the same and the photos are good - way better than the downloaded ones.

Hi Tintin.....yeah I am the guy that bought the 1971 Yamaha XS650 off you. You have the BMW bike also right? My immediate need is for the section on setting/checking the ignition timing.....if you have a scanner and can scan those pages I would really appreciate it. If not, I'll let you know if I have time to swing by and borrow it.....I do have a scanner and could scan it. Thanks!

Hey - glad you made it online. I had bought the manual just before selling the bike and had it shipped by the seller to Winnipeg. Just got it back from there.

I'll get the manual back from the shop that has my engine tomorrow eve and scan the pages in.

Just saw an XS1b on www.classicbikeexchange.com for $3,000 firm - needs tuning etc.

How's yours doing? Hope to see some pics of your progress soon!

It's not running yet...lol. To be fair I haven't worked on it much though, been busy. I cleaned the carbs, new plugs, and fuel.....but she won't start. Just backfires (smokes out the carbs) and oddly the kick starter kicks back at times. So someone told me that it sounds like the timing may be way off. If I don't figure it out soon I may just take it to a shop so I can at least get a few runs in this season. The plan over the winter is to hard-tail it and make it into a chopper. I'll defiantly get some pics up once the project begins.

Back
Top Bottom