1970 cb350 "wtf is that" Build.

blah long day at work then had to work on a bike it home other than mine...... but i had move the bike off my lift so i took a few pic on the floor...sorry pix kinda suck.

thanks for all the comments, i have a bad ass idea for the run/brake lights. anybody go any ideas on a cool location for the plate?

i put the trash can and a watter jug by the bike so you can kinda tell how low the bike is. (no shocks on but this is how low i want it.)
slamedtrashcanandjug.jpg

slamedshot.jpg

Its going to be tough to keep the bike that low. Not impossible but youre dealing with some space issues (which Im sure youre aware of) and thats going to a SUPER stiff ride. You may need solid struts really. The position you have the bike in is pretty much at the top of the swingers travel. Also, having the ass end that low and the front at stock height is going to play all kinds of nasty with your handling. Just a though or two...

Yeah i know its low as hell. the front will also be lowered, i plan on doing it one of two getto ways One. just cut the springs Two get some straps that guys on sport bikes use for drag racing. I know the ride is going to suck, but im ok with that. I dont plan on any long rides, its only 6 miles to work and maybe some bike nights. hell i dont even plan on havein fenders, speedo, tach....who needs them haha.

neomxb said:
Yeah i know its low as hell. the front will also be lowered, i plan on doing it one of two getto ways One. just cut the springs Two get some straps that guys on sport bikes use for drag racing. I know the ride is going to suck, but im ok with that. I dont plan on any long rides, its only 6 miles to work and maybe some bike nights. hell i dont even plan on havein fenders, speedo, tach....who needs them haha.

why not just slide the forks up in the trees a couple inches? im pretty sure once you get the front lowered youre gonna want the back end up more than it is cuz its gonna be a reality check once the whole bike is lowered. is that swinger stretched? if so how much?

this is gonna sound stupid but i want a bike thats a challange to ride, uncomforable, handels bad and stops like shit. but the one thing thats a must is that its gotta rung good. It will be Dyno Tuned to get the best of the 30some hp it prolly makes (im gonna tune it at work) ......like i said i know it sounds stupid but i ride bikes that stop and handel well every day. i have even owned a buell with 101hp and 92tq at the wheel, great breaks and great handeling. just time for a challenge to ride.

Oh and the swing arm is 4in over.

Love where it's heading but.......I was thinking along the same lines with the swingarm and ride height, now you have inspired me to go rigid. ;D

neomxb said:
this is gonna sound stupid but i want a bike thats a challange to ride, uncomforable, handels bad and stops like shit. but the one thing thats a must is that its gotta rung good. It will be Dyno Tuned to get the best of the 30some hp it prolly makes (im gonna tune it at work) ......like i said i know it sounds stupid but i ride bikes that stop and handel well every day. i have even owned a buell with 101hp and 92tq at the wheel, great breaks and great handeling. just time for a challenge to ride.

Oh and the swing arm is 4in over.

Lovin the bike. That paint is killer and I know exactly "...bike thats a challange to ride, uncomforable, handels bad and stops like shit" what you are saying. I get it totally. I used to ride bikes with over 100hp yada, yada but the bike I have now is the most fun I think Ive ever had. I have to watch every turn (even at slow speeds)and still scrape something on every other turn, it vibrates down in the bone like a cheap motel vibromatic, and 80 mph feels like 180. I wouldn't have it anyother way. Keep on building man. she's looking fantastic!

tWistedWheelz said:
You cut off your brake stay.............I hope you have a plan or you will need to weld a new one of those on!
I noticed that too. I convinced myself that it was a tab for the chain guard.

what are you guys and girls useing for head lights, i have my stocker but looking for something smaller, Im thinking maybe an LED flood light mounted in a dirtbike number plate or something.

hhmmm. anybody here run a HID on their bike? I found a 35w HID setup that might be cool, but it depends on if u use the Buell light.

I really dig that tank, your brother has some talent. I also dug the mismatched pipes, the low pipe may cause issue with ground clearance though.

If you want it that low why not build up a simple hard tail? Lop the rear of the frame off, go to the hardware store and grab $50 of 1"tubing, make up a simple jig and weld her all up. I think if you keep the wheelbase close to stockish it would look great.

That tank is pure madness. Just nucking futs.

I couldn't have it - I'd be distracted by it while I was riding! :D

That tank is pure gold. If I bought a white helmet and mailed it to him, would he do some crazy shit for me? ill pay him.

Back
Top Bottom