Fight Club Jacket

photocodo

Has anyone seen the movie Fight Club (Im sure someone here has). One of the jackets that Tyler Durden wears is a red and white cafe style jacket that I think looks real slick. I have found a couple places that sell replicas of the jacket but Im not sure if they are good quality. Has anyone ever purchased one of these, or any replica movie jacket for that matter. Do they tend to be worth the money or are they just a cheap piece of pleather that morons like me would pay $100 for. Considering that the all run around $100 I'm assuming that they are not the most amazing jackets in the world, but I just like the look of this one so much. If anyone has any advice on this subject or has purchased one themselves I would love to hear what you have to say. I just think this would look real good after it had been worn in for a few years.

photocodo

il_430xN156074221.jpg

il_430xN156074234.jpg

Yeah.. thats a nice jacket..
I understand that the original jacket he wore was picked up at a vintage shop somewhere by the costume design team for that movie, so most likely its a late 70's early 80's vintage by KETT leathers or RIVETT leathers in the UK.

there are a lot of new reporductions of that jacket on the internet.. however they all look so "new" and vinyl looking...
If you want the real deal, check out the vintage shops or search ebay.co.uk
That 2-tone style of jacket seems to be more readily avaliable in the UK...

I just picked up these 2 jackets from the UK:

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

Vintage KETT:
IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

I love these jackets.. Super tough and heavy leather...

The Jacket looks good. I've watched the movie and the red jacket pic with white lines looks neat. The blue one on the other hand is good too, but it's the leather pattern, from the back seems like it's chipping off, or is it made in that way?

I wouldn't buy a replica jacket that someone has made to "look like" something from a movie. Firstly it's unlikely to be very well made and secondly, it's going to take years to wear in and build any kind of character that you're looking for. You're just going to look like a guy that's trying too hard to look like a guy from a movie.

If you want a jacket like that take your time and go to vintage/thrift stores where you live. If you have the time take a road-trip and visit as many of these stores you can find.

I picked up a 1980's honda jacket that is bad-ass for $50 many years ago and it was worth five times that for the adventure and people I met in the hunt for it. One thing you can do is talk to the people that work in places local to you and ask them to give you a call if they get any old school motorcycle jackets in. Most people that work in the these places are cool and you can always offer to buy them a beer and you might even find you get a story to tell about the experience. I've had many jackets over the years and each one came to me with a story to tell.

You can search ebay too but the problem with old jackets like this is sizes and fit vary wildly. You really need to try them on. Plus there's no real adventures to get into from your keyboard.

If you want a new jacket that looks retro then that's a different story and you can find good quality ones. They just won't "look" the same.

If you want a true vintage jacket look for ones that have minimal leather cracks and are still soft, not hard. Once you find one you love, clean it gently with lexol, treat it to a bath of carnauba cream and then beeswax and it'll look awesome.

John@Hexder said:
The Jacket looks good. I've watched the movie and the red jacket pic with white lines looks neat. The blue one on the other hand is good too, but it's the leather pattern, from the back seems like it's chipping off, or is it made in that way?

nope.. just scuffs.. its an old jacket..

IF you want it, its for sale... Its a bit snug in the upper chest for me now...

locO leoN said:
nope.. just scuffs.. its an old jacket..

IF you want it, its for sale... Its a bit snug in the upper chest for me now...

How much are you selling that blue guy for, just out of curiosity?

plagrone said:
How much are you selling that blue guy for, just out of curiosity?
$150+ Shipping.

I'm 5'7 185 pounds, heavy on top - not belly weight...
Its fits me snug, I can zip it up fine, but its too tight in the upper chest and I cant really by hunched over grabbing my clip-ons.
It feels like the shoulder seams will rip if I do...

Its a size 40/42

It's nice, I suggest you should check this http://www.hexder.com/products/Brad-Pitt-Tyler-Durden-Fight-Club-Jacket-.html .. Available on Hexder online store. This apparel is goin good on their Cyber Monday Deal. The discount is good too.

John@Hexder said:
It's nice, I suggest you should check this http://www.hexder.com/products/Brad-Pitt-Tyler-Durden-Fight-Club-Jacket-.html .. Available on Hexder online store. This apparel is goin good on their Cyber Monday Deal. The discount is good too.

Said the Hexder guy hyping the Hexder jacket, which is completely different from the one the OP was talking about. Commence commerce, I guess, but I'm guessing you did a google search to find out who's talking about "Brad Pitt's Fight Club Jacket." That shit don't usually wash here from someone with 2 posts.

carnivorous chicken said:
Said the Hexder guy hyping the Hexder jacket, which is completely different from the one the OP was talking about. Commence commerce, I guess, but I'm guessing you did a google search to find out who's talking about "Brad Pitt's Fight Club Jacket." That shit don't usually wash here from someone with 2 posts.

Yeah - he just put Hexder on the no-buy list for everyone here...hehe..

yep.. Like he said.. don't by that "Corinthian Leather" crap... Try to get horse hide which will outlast even you!

Back
Top Bottom