Cb360 - smallest battery possible

tummyson

I took my electicric starter off and I am going to weld up a new battery box so I can run pod filters and no side covers. What is the minimum number of amp.hours that I need to run the bike. I was thinking 6-7 amps. Anyone have any suggestions.

Mike

I've heard you can go as low as 4 amps, but to be safe I would go for the 5 amp. I just bought a YTZ7S to try on my 350.

DrJ said:
I've heard you can go as low as 4 amps, but to be safe I would go for the 5 amp. I just bought a YTZ7S to try on my 350.
people people people, scooter batterys are as small as you can imagine there like 2"wide x4"long x 4" high and there 12v by 17 amp.

I bought the smallest battery that they had at Autozone. Its so small it doesn't even have an ampere rating on it. But it works great on my kick only machine. This pic will give you an idea of its size. Keep in mind its only 3 inches tall.
189_8948Medium.jpg

tobiism said:
I bought the smallest battery that they had at Autozone. Its so small it doesn't even have an ampere rating on it. But it works great on my kick only machine. This pic will give you an idea of its size. Keep in mind its only 3 inches tall.
189_8948Medium.jpg
thats a scooter battery so i was slight off on dimensions scooter batterys are 12v and available from 5amp to 17 go to a vespa dealer and grab a vespa brand, or if can find a kymco there the 17 amp batterys

I've gotten away with 2.4 aH. The longest I've ridden was 20 minutes with no trouble. Some of that included stop-an-go traffice, which should have been harder on the battery.

--Chris

Chrisf, I bought a Power Max from JC Whitney, the measurements are 4 1/2 x 2 13/16 x 4 3/16 (LxWxH). See link for more details. I also bought a quick connect charger, it a 1/2 amp battery charger, it comes with to pairs of leads (permanetly and aligator clips). I am planning on leaving the permanetly ones for quick connection. This battery is pretty powerful, it's small, sealed and it can be placed many different ways.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10111&storeId=10101&sku=CBB014508

Sorry had to revive a old thread. I am looking on Jcwhitney for a battery and they have free shipping for orders over $49 today so I would like to get one. But I can't find this battery, it just keeps asking me for my specific bike. I would like to just search the battery's my self. Do you have any other info on it.

I've got the same battery shown in the above picture. it was the smallest battery I could find at advanced auto parts. Guess what? it even works the electric starter. it tucks up under the hump and I ran it without a charging system all summer.

It says it's sealed but I had to add the acid. so it's not as sealed as some of the batteries I've worked with, but you don't have to add water or anything and it doesn't seem to mind being on it's side.

johnson_steve said:
I've got the same battery shown in the above picture. it was the smallest battery I could find at advanced auto parts. Guess what? it even works the electric starter. it tucks up under the hump and I ran it without a charging system all summer.
With running normal electronics ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom