cb450 pops out of gear

10seconda

alright so heres my problem just finished my cb450 bobber project got the engine tuned great running awesome, but have ran into a riding issue, first of when im coming into a corner if i downshift into second gear about halfway through the corner it will pop out of gear, also if i try to launch hard of the line in 1st gear it pops into neutral, i am just curious if there may be something to check out before i tear this thing all the way down

TO THE TOP!

I have a similar issue. My 71 CB450 will pop out of gear after downshifting into 2nd and accelerating out of a corner. Only after downshifting tho...

Anyone???

Probably means that the dogs on those geras are rounded off. There are two possible solutions.

1- find a donor transmission with better gears

2 - send the worn items to R&D in Clearwater FL and they can weld them up and regrind them.

Either way the cases have to be split. Pull the motor and split the cases and then clean everything and inspect the gears. Put the complete shafts back in the case and manually shift into 1st and then second and see which gears are in play and where the wear is. It's also possible that teh gears are not going in far enough and it may be possible to shim them.

Back
Top Bottom