Cb 360 tail chop swinger mod

barnicle

so I am into this build already. I got maybe a month head start.
well I was going to post pics but I will need some tech support.

Hmm.. Ill try this
picture.php

:)

well here is the frame before the sawzall.

one of many mock ups.

picture.php

I had things planed a little defferent before the cutting; as far as how things attach/swing arm brace etc.
had to mock-up several possibilities, and generally stare at the bike for hours trying to make it submit to my will. ( I finaly gave in)

this ended up to be the final set up, for the suspension.

picture.php

Tank and seat position are still under development -the rear of the tank will be higher than stock, for sure, and I am considering raising the front of the tank as well.(no pics of that yet)

Ok... I can see that. What are you doing to that bike? Im having a really hard time understanding whats going on in that picture... Looks dangerous at best.

So from what I can see you're going to need to create a bracing system from the seat to the frame and then a whole bracing system from the top of the shocks the ends of the swingarm.

I'm kinda digging it. however take care with how you brace it and make sure everything is square.

remember everything that was old is new again, I can't remember exactly where I've seen this system, but it has been done before. Looked in the encyclopedia, vincent series c black shadow is similar. In 1939 AJS started making a bike that would have a V4 water cooled supercharged engine capable of 135 mph. So the crazy thing - technology is gained then disregarded, frame improvements are gained then disregarded. Good luck with this. (and wear a cup haha)

thanx for the continued interest guys. I have been trying to work out the seat. also the shop I am in is getting shuffled around (30ft Chris Craft moved in so I am helping straighten things out, then more work)
here is a shot of the tank & bars
25umtk0.jpg

form looks good, What are you doing for support?

IMO it'd look cool with some curved tube coming off the side downtubes up and over the shocks without hiding them. got to show off those babies.

Back
Top Bottom