75 CL360 Cafe Build

Re: 71 CB350 Cafe Project

Worked all day on stitching up the upholstery making it fit right, and gluing it on. Think it came out alright considering its my first one. :p

Attachments

• P1030535.JPG
    P1030535.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 376
  • P1030537.JPG
    P1030537.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 353
  • P1030543.JPG
    P1030543.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 382

Nope, from Airtech. Your bike's coming along nicely too i see :)

jeffreyhardy said:
I didn't see in the forum, but is this a roccity seat?

So i spent most of today working on the clip ons, drilling the holes and pulling the wires through, then got a call saying my tank is done, so went and picked it up. Got home, put it on the bike, and realized the clip on's bolts hit the tank :-\ So just bought some new ones on ebay which seem like they shouldnt be a problem... All part of the build i guess. ;D

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 415

Theyre just standard cb350. I have the standard headlight ears aswell, but they wont work if i want clip ons.

TheChild said:
What forks covers are those???

Really great looking bike! I like how the blue will outline the kneepads.

Thanks, Hows your paint coming along? Gotten anything back yet?

TFWG said:
Really great looking bike! I like how the blue will outline the kneepads.

71 CB350 Cafe Project

I talked to the painter about a week and a half ago and he said it would be ready last weekend. He never called me and I tried calling and emailing him but his answering machine is full and he's not responding to emails. The paint should be pretty much done now so I might just surprise him and stop by his shop so I can friggin get a hold of him. I'm really getting irritated because it's been like three months now. Hopefully I can pick up the bike this week though.

Seems like its an international thing then. Must be all the paint fumes :p

TFWG said:
I talked to the painter about a week and a half ago and he said it would be ready last weekend. He never called me and I tried calling and emailing him but his answering machine is full and he's not responding to emails. The paint should be pretty much done now so I might just surprise him and stop by his shop so I can friggin get a hold of him. I'm really getting irritated because it's been like three months now. Hopefully I can pick up the bike this week though.

71 CB350 Cafe Project

The paint is basically done now. Just waiting on the final details to be done. Hopefully I should have it back within two weeks. Can't wait to start riding again!

I think you may need to put on the leather jacket and kick some painter ass! lol. Seriously though can't wait to see the results. Some things are worth the wait you know

Been a bit busy so i havent posted anything new in awhile. I got the new clip ons about a week ago and installed them. I was weighing up whether i should get a headlight with built in speedo/tacho or play around with what ive got. I still need a small speedometer that ill have to make a bracket for. But in the meantime i made a bracket for the stock rev counter and it came out better than i thought it would ;D

Attachments

• installed.jpg
    installed.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 380
  • headlight bracket.jpg
    headlight bracket.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 383
  • headlight bracket 2.jpg
    headlight bracket 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 386
  • handlebars.jpg
    handlebars.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 380

Also got some new fuel lines. Found out the carburetors i got were different from eachother, 722 and 725 i think, so went back to the guy i got them from and he gladly exchanged the one. Hooked up the battery and found out the starter on the right hand control unit is busted, so i opened it up and saw someone rebuilt the thing at some point with makeshift items, so ill have to look for a new unit this coming week. Also bought a new clutch cable, and might need a new front brake cable. Does anyone know if there are shorter front brake cables that would fit a cb350? It just looks really long installed with the clip ons.

Attachments

• cb350 back.jpg
    cb350 back.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 391
  • cb350 angle1.jpg
    cb350 angle1.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 408
  • tank over look.jpg
    tank over look.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 398

Sorry I've missed out on the first few weeks of this thread! Looks awesome. Gotta go back and read the earlier posts.

Man what a restoration. from scrap metal to a nice little bike god job brother

71 CB350 Cafe Project

In this thread, it seems like this bike got really pretty, really fast. kudos on a nice ride, man.

Thanks for all the nice words guys. Still need rearsets that im waiting on, and a couple other minors to get her up and running. Shouldnt be long now ;D Ran into a spot of trouble with the starter button and tried fixing it, but like so many things on this bike, its been "fixed" before by the previous owner, so might ask my source what he'll charge for a right control unit. Oh, and had a nice surprise yesterday morning... The brake light i bought off ebay (3 months ago) arrived.

Back
Top Bottom