www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Engine inspiration thread!  (Read 110150 times)

Offline Habanero52

• The Race......is only with yourself!
Re: Engine inspiration thread!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 23, 2011, 08:48:18 »
This is a great thread. i am so glad that i got started. I believe that it will be a fast growing thread and I am very appreciative of Joey's postings!!!! :)
Habanero52
Speed cost....How fast do you want to spend?
Follow the dream.
Why does life get in the way?

Offline joeyputt

• The green flag sets me free
    • dwmsracing
« Reply #11 on: Aug 23, 2011, 10:34:30 »
I agree, that is a great idea Brother beachcomber so I also edited my original post and added the colors and their part numbers.

Thank you Brother Habanero52 I thought it would be very nice to have all of the beautiful engines here on dotheton showcased in one place togethor for everyone to enjoy! Most of you already know but for the record Brother Habanero52 is the owner of the first CB450 engine in my original post, I also added the link to the full engine build on my original post.
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2011, 11:04:06 by joeyputt »
Joe - Owner/Operator of DWMS Racing World Class Engine & Motorcycle Building www.dwmsracing.com

Cylinder Head Porting Sale! http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=56203.msg637024#new

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/joe.dwmsracing

Offline Useful Idiot

« Reply #12 on: Aug 23, 2011, 11:58:52 »
Agreed. It'd be rad if we could get a small write up on the application of paint, etc.

I painted my motor last year with hi temp paint I got from Pep Boys (don't remember the brand) and I didn't use any primer or clear. I'm not even sure if they make hi temp clear. I used the heat of the motor to 'cook' the paint. Long story short, it didn't hold up well at all...
That's not an oil leak. The motor's just sweating from all the horsepower.

Offline crazy_dave

« Reply #13 on: Aug 25, 2011, 09:33:51 »
How do you strip the chrome off to paint?

Offline m511y

• Less is more
« Reply #14 on: Aug 25, 2011, 10:21:57 »
Agreed. It'd be rad if we could get a small write up on the application of paint, etc.

I painted my motor last year with hi temp paint I got from Pep Boys (don't remember the brand) and I didn't use any primer or clear. I'm not even sure if they make hi temp clear. I used the heat of the motor to 'cook' the paint. Long story short, it didn't hold up well at all...

I'm having the same issue right now with my head. It was to much work to have it only last one season. :(

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #15 on: Aug 25, 2011, 17:56:20 »
doing motors trick is one of my fav parts of building a bike! that and the frame to me really show the work that went into a bike... you dont always have to crack cases to get great results but sometimes when you do... unreal!!!

here are a few we have done

i liked it so much i inked it

and my personal fav... the motor is not assembled yet...but the jugs are so sick...took a ton of work but so well worth it

had to post this...this is our coating work on a motor my buddy chad build... so slick

guess what is happening to this one
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #16 on: Aug 25, 2011, 17:57:42 »
man some awesome motors on here... rocon man well worth all thepolishing!!! looks fantastic!!!
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline HerrDeacon

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #17 on: Aug 25, 2011, 20:18:10 »
I really like the look of polished aluminum and black. Here are a couple of pics of my past bikes, KZ650 and CB400T.

Perry

1972 Honda CB350 K4 / 1978 Honda XL250S /1982 Honda MB5 / 2014 Honda CB500X

Offline bbqb4racin

• SIKK CYLS
« Reply #18 on: Aug 26, 2011, 01:16:46 »

Builder/fabricator: http://www.roaringtoyz.com/

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #19 on: Aug 26, 2011, 06:22:10 »
remember how it used to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Built in 1982 for Yamaha Europe by John Reed [ aka Uncle Bunt ] won loads of prestige events [ Best Bike - Oakland ] and was retired until 2 years ago when it was decided to refurb it to see how it would do against today's machines. It will be finished by November 2011.

I don't think many of the styling cues will find their way onto MY TR1 !!

Taken from the cover of BSH [ Back Street Heroes mag Sept. 2011 issue ] .

What do we think? A bit OTT. ;)

"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"