Induction problem

jova

Had a bit of an incident the other night, choke flap screw loosened off inside my carb and choke flap 1/2 went into my carb and held open the vacuum piston. Needless to say the bike kept accelerating, I hit the kill switch and pushed it back to my girlfriends house (from which I just left). Next day returned with my tools and took the carbs off, to discover the problem, reattached choke flap (with locktight now on the screws, and not to worry the screw was safe in the carb and luckily did not make it into the engine),
Reattached the carb and bike started no problem.

However now the bike feels very underpowered and almost feel as if there are several flat-spots through out the rev range. I removed the chamber cover to inspect the diaphragms both in tact, reset the pilot screw to 2.5 turns from fulling lock on the carb, and engine is still running like shit.

I have checked the service manual under the troubleshooting guide but nothing is helpful.

The bike is a 1980 kawi kz250 A1, I have replaced the airbox with pods but adjusted the needles accordingly.

Any thoughts?

Maybe the choke butterfly did some damage to the needle or the slide that is messing up the air/fuel flow.

Back
Top Bottom