AMA Big Kahuna Nationals - April 20/21/22

john83

Over 1,000 Posts
AMA Pro Roadracing is coming to Road Atlanta. This looks like it would be a lot of fun plus they are going to have a cafe bike show.

Check it out:
http://www.m1powersports.com/blog/big-kahuna-atlanta-to-feature-cafe-racer-village-with-live-music-builders-vendors-and-a-custom-cafe-bike-show/

Anyone want to go?

Damnit! I REALLY want to go, but I'm working that weekend and I've already taken off for my wedding that week.

03rangerxlt said:
Damnit! I REALLY want to go, but I'm working that weekend and I've already taken off for my wedding that week.

Sounds like a good weekend to catch the flu.

Been talking with Jason from Dime City about this today. We'd love to have a DTT presence there but I don't think I can swing a trip to Atlanta in April along with Utah in August and Alabama in October - wife might kill me.

So if anyone's keen on going and wants to be 'official' about it maybe we can get the pop-up tent and banner from Kiley's place over there and set up.

Balls!

Our roller derby team has a home bout that weekend. I'm in charge of bout production or else I'd skip it. It is only a three hour ride from me too!

Balls!

That's about the most off the wall excuse I think I've ever heard :D Maybe we should be coming out to your roller derby events!

LOL. That would be awesome. I did make sure we did not schedule a bout during Barber. Maybe I can make it to this next year.

I'm only about two hours from the track. I'm only about two hours from Kileys. I'm pretty sure i am gonna be able to go.
I'm not sure if I can be there all three days though.

Tim said:
Been talking with Jason from Dime City about this today. We'd love to have a DTT presence there but I don't think I can swing a trip to Atlanta in April along with Utah in August and Alabama in October - wife might kill me.

So if anyone's keen on going and wants to be 'official' about it maybe we can get the pop-up tent and banner from Kiley's place over there and set up.

I'll be up in Bristol until Sunday morning (but I'm going on Sunday), but I know a number of guys going at least one or two of the guys I normally ride with will be displaying bikes too.

We've got a group meeting up at the Race on Sunday if anyone's interested in meeting up shoot me an email.

Doug

georgiacaferacer@gmail.com

I think I am going to go on Sunday as well. I'll probably have to drive because my bike is down at the moment and I don't know if I'll have the parts yet. I'll shoot you an email when I'm sure.

Just got my oil cooler back from the shop! If I can get it hooked up before Sunday I'll head over.

Yeah, seriously, what was up with that? I got there about 11 and it looked like everyone was just getting set up. I ran into an old friend and we went to walk through the paddocks and watch the XR1200 race. By the time I wandered back up to the cafe racer village area everyone was either tearing down or already gone. Just the big stuff was left, the Triumph tent such. What the deuce?

Same thing I got there about 10:30, and thought guys were still setting up when I realized they were leaving. Had a nice conversation with the guys from Taxxion, but by the time I got back there they were gone :mad: At least the folks from Triumph & Freedom stayed open till the end.

Back
Top Bottom