1st bike 75 cb360. Brat perhaps? Need help!

jcw0411

Hello new to this site. I got a 74/75 CB360 for free on craigslist!! After doing some basic stuff to get her running I have been thinking what I want to do. I am thinkin bratstyle and the rear hoop and seat aren't a problem. I want some suggestions or advice on lowering it. Do I have to chop the frame up? I'd rather not if I didn't have to. I know I can use smaller shocks (some recommend rebel rear shocks). How low will that get me? Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

The style is the pic is what I would like to do. I notice they just built a seat around the frame as is. I plan on getting a DCC rear hoop and seat pan. UPSWEPT!!

Attachments

• brat.jpg
    brat.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,606
Post a pic of your bike to get your build thread started.
WHY in the world would you want to lower your 360. They sit pretty low stock. round 3 inches of clearance...maybe. I think my 360 has 2 3/4 inch or more since I moved fender to swing mount. I havent bottomed out yet but I am sure I will someday. & are you planning to get rid of battery and go kick start. Otherwise you need to think about where you will place battery after bolting seat pan to frame rails. I know all that looks cool but do you want a bike that sits in the garage to "show" your buddies or do you want a bike you can ride ?
you can see pics of my 360 here it has not been lowered and the battery is under the seat.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=27417.0

I definitely want a bike I can ride!! What a difference the tires make! Also the seat. Mine looks like the "before" pic. It's at my buddy's shop will post pics in the next couple weeks. Thanks for the info. Whats the best place to start? I mean I got the bike running but as far as changing things. Tires first? Handlebars, seat. shocks? I am thinking I will NOT go kickstart only. It's sort of hard to tell from the pics. Did you cut the frame at all? In the back I mean? Also looks like different shocks before/after.
I appreciate all the suggestions/advice!
Keep it coming!

Suppers ready so real quick, I dont recommend the firestones to anyone. I am now looking at avons. Dont get me wrong I have had great luck w firestones. I like em. And I love the look. but they are not for everyone.
But I just got done posting on my thread about firestones. check out my last post. Ill write more in a bit.

electrical first...get it running. Lights work. & reliable, not rideable but running.
THEN safety stuff. wheel bearings and brakes.

electrical first...get it running. Lights work. & reliable, test charging system, coil voltges..etc. I went through every single connection on the bike. cleaned and dielectric grease, made sure they snapped properly. found one bad coil, new points etc. I havent had a single electrical issue since. Dont use electri-wash or any spray cleaner on handlebar controls or hard plastic connectors. It eats em. doesnt need to be rideable yet but atleast you know it runs.

CLEAN TANK AND CARBS

And you can do some tests to see if you want to overhaul engine...that would be next. compression checks. smoking. etc.

Get carb new diaphragms 360 carbs are touchy. you will be messing with carbs to get em tuned for pods...alot. You can talk to crazypj about carbs. He knows alot.

but your not riding yet.

THEN safety stuff. wheel bearings and brakes, chain, tires, fork seals, led lights,Tires, mount and balance, check rims for true and spokes, shocks and all that...etc

Now you might be ready to ride her around the block.

All of that should buy you enough time. to check out other bikes online to see what you want so youre not wasting money doing stuff twice...like buying clubmans...finding out they suck and are uncomfortable...so your spending more money to get clip ons...ape hangers etc.

Then the fun stuff to pretty her up...OR ugly her down...

Use your imagination and get original. By god if you want to be the first and only person in the world to paint youre engine "RED" now is the time...LOL. Or be the first jerk to have an NOS bottle toolbox! Hey thats what its all about...you got to have a sense of humor to ride one of these bikes. They can get very VERY frustrating.

final seat plan to work w battery you chose, tank, fenders, paint etc...I rode mine for several weeks w a piece of plywood and foam rubber taped to it. LOL

Thank you so much. That's more than info than I could ask for. It got my mind thinking of all kinds of different things. I'll start a build thread when I get pics. She is pretty close to running now!

Back
Top Bottom