[Los Angeles] empty parking lot or huge area for test runs?

ichitz

Anybody know of anywhere in the Los Angeles area that you can take your bike for a few test runs?

Thing is while I was in New York, my Honda CB had some issues getting up to speed. Now I just moved with the bike to LA, and the issue should be fixed and it rides very smoothly around the neighborhood. But since the local streets have a speed limit of 40, I can't really go much beyond that. There's some rides I'ld like to go to, but before hitting the highway, I want to make sure she can handle it. Giant empty parking lot seems like a great place but I don't know where.

Any suggestions?

Hey its an old post... but Burbank has always treated me well. Im in Hollywood with zero space. The LA Zoo parking lot used to be open but I think still has hours where its clear - it is where I learned to drive. There are empty lots on Hollywood Way close to the airport that they use for motorcycle MSA classes and may be open - there is a lot of unused parking up there. Only thing with Burbank is the police have a pretty heavy hand there... so keep your fun to the lots or your eyes wide open.

Back
Top Bottom