www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "Doing it Right" or "How to Build a Functional Café Racer"  (Read 116184 times)

Offline damarble

Re: "Doing it Right" or "How to Build a Functional Café Racer"
« Reply #40 on: Sep 12, 2012, 17:43:55 »
It will take a while to get through all this but so far it's a fantastic thread. Lots of good info. Thanks Sonreir.
73 Kawasaki 350 S2
06 Kawasaki Z750

Offline Bert Jan

• Holy Modification Batman
    • Outsiders Netherlands
« Reply #41 on: Sep 12, 2012, 21:49:26 »
Dial K for knowledge. Very much appreciated. Printed this and it's now safe for ever :)
http://outsidersmotorcycles.com
http://www.facebook.com/OutsidersMotorcycles/

Netherlands represent!

Luctor et Emgo - I struggle and give up

'Anything we did for Uncle Scam or Nasa was soldered, period. No crimps allowed.' -Swagger

'Real men lick their hands and bridge the solenoid with their fingers.' -Sonreir.

I do stuff all the time that wasn't meant to be done  ;D Fun, isn't it  ;) - CrazyPJ

You want to lubricate the nipples- Tim

Offline 72texas350

« Reply #42 on: Sep 13, 2012, 04:36:28 »
Awesome thread! Thank you!!

Offline buzznichols

« Reply #43 on: Sep 13, 2012, 16:57:17 »
" The weight of the bike and rider both have an effect on acceleration.  If you are able to cut the weight of both yourself and your bike in half, you have just doubled your acceleration."

Heavy sigh.

Anybody else haunted by the knowledge that the real "low hanging fruit" of performance is your own body mass?  Really, I sometimes think that I might get better performance out of my bike if I saved the money I blow on parts and devote it to paying a babysitter so I could work out more regularly.

Resultant negative body image issues notwithstanding, thanks to Matt for an excellent survey course on maximizing bike performance
"Guess what, daddy.  Boys have a penis, and girls have an agenda!"  - Hank Nichols, age 3

Offline kopcicle

• antidisestablishmentarian
« Reply #44 on: Sep 13, 2012, 21:19:19 »
bench press the kids

jus sayin ...

~kop
"If a man wants to carry two cats home by their tails, by all means let him. He’ll learn things that he might not have otherwise even guessed, and the experience will be one he’ll not soon forget!"

~S. Clemens

If it leaks after all this? I'm gonna pull a "Brad" and bulldoze the fucker!

Quote from: Scruffy;1025553
As an equal opportunity bigot, I'll insult any brand, any style, any time...:wink:
-Scruffy

http://tinyurl.com/TheRedBike

Redliner: me? But I'm not a little girl any more
Nov 13, 2013, 19:20:58

Offline DreadRock

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Bang Cut Grind ..Dam Did I Need That Part ?
« Reply #45 on: Sep 13, 2012, 23:02:13 »
Now thats a thread .. Thanks Matt,teazer,kop for the knowledge !!!!

Offline veloracermike

« Reply #46 on: Sep 14, 2012, 12:34:15 »
" The weight of the bike and rider both have an effect on acceleration.  If you are able to cut the weight of both yourself and your bike in half, you have just doubled your acceleration."

Heavy sigh.

Anybody else haunted by the knowledge that the real "low hanging fruit" of performance is your own body mass?  Really, I sometimes think that I might get better performance out of my bike if I saved the money I blow on parts and devote it to paying a babysitter so I could work out more regularly.

Resultant negative body image issues notwithstanding, thanks to Matt for an excellent survey course on maximizing bike performance

As a bicycle racer this is a fight I wage every day.  Currently at the end of the racing season I'm at 145lb with about 8% body fat.  For my A races I get to around 142 and 7%..at 50 I'm pretty happy with those numbers.  I've cut a lot fat from the bike as well (both the one I power the one with Honda in it)  Next big expenditure will be aluminum wheels.
WTB: 400F Motor. PM me if you've got one!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Captmilk76

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #47 on: Sep 14, 2012, 14:06:40 »
Diet+MY Fatass=Faster bike. It's a great way to get me to lose a couple pounds. I recently lost 40lbs and I've hit the ton 4 times since. I want to drop another 25.

Offline 50gary

• Under the Limelight
« Reply #48 on: Sep 14, 2012, 15:20:42 »
I race and ride bicycles as well, my job is athletic trainer.  So I'm in total agreement on the body weight issue.  Lower your own weight and you'll be faster and braking will be more effective as well, plus it's cheap!  I'm 170# and 5% to 6% body fat, the recommended for a healthy male is 15% to 18% sadly most are not.  For the record the recommended for healthy female is 18% to 22%  Not preaching just saying for the info. 
  Cheers, 50gary

Short track speedskating, cycling, guitars, motorcycles, juggling dynamite. I was born to laugh at Tornadoes.

Offline bjonesin

Re: Re: "Doing it Right" or "How to Build a Functional Café Racer"
« Reply #49 on: Sep 14, 2012, 15:27:12 »
As a bicycle racer this is a fight I wage every day.  Currently at the end of the racing season I'm at 145lb with about 8% body fat.  For my A races I get to around 142 and 7%..at 50 I'm pretty happy with those numbers.  I've cut a lot fat from the bike as well (both the one I power the one with Honda in it)  Next big expenditure will be aluminum wheels.
having received a jacket from veloracermike, i can attest to his low body fat. My love handles had a hard time conforming to his skinny ass.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2